The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Scroll to see replies

yes - thats my yearly balance lol. I havent booked the hours I have though! So march 10th we got our holiday forms etc but havent booked anything.. so what happens with this then ?
Original post by Ridgerunner
Are you sure that 90 hours isn't your yearly allowance? If you're on a 16 hour contract as many people seem to be, that would be the case. You'd have to work about 77 hours hours per week to have accrued 90 hours between March 10th and 25th May.

If you're on 16 hours I would say you had 19 hours' holiday balance remaining.
Original post by Junaid123451
yes - thats my yearly balance lol. I havent booked the hours I have though! So march 10th we got our holiday forms etc but havent booked anything.. so what happens with this then ?

You need to get them booked on Kronos and tell your manager ASAP so they will be authorised.
what happens when they get authorised? im leaving in like two weeks so i cant book the days off anyway?too many hours - too less days. it also means i wouldnt work my notice
what happens when they get authorised? im leaving in like two weeks so i cant book the days off anyway?too many hours - too less days. it also means i wouldnt work my notice

Holidays are counted in your notice period. If you have eight shifts left then your holiday represents 4 shifts and 3 hours so there is time. If they can't authorise them (book right now on Kronos and as I said let manager know ASAP) because they cannot accommodate then talk to your manager about what to do.

Have you enjoyed working in Sainsburys?
Yeah I have been there 4 years just leaving cus there so tight on overtime I need the extra hours and got 40 hrs per week at ocado
But yeah great place to work imo
Reply 7987
if you've lost your discount card how do I go about getting a new one?
Hi all.
Just saying hello as I might be here a bit in the next couple of weeks. I start at Sainsbury's in a few days.
It's a bit of a weird feeling. I'm a mature student, at the end of 2nd year and have managed without working much up to now. I'm impressed with Sains so far though, from what I've seen.

Anyone been in a similar situation? Older student/supermarket working?
HiI have an interview coming up in the next week and wondered what the process was like? It says on the email that it is an assessment/interview does that mean a group interview? Also how many people do they allow to apply for each position? I got an email as soon as I pressed apply asking me for an interview.
I was wondering if I could get a little advice about something that recently came to light that's concerning me.

A little background, I worked on the online department until Mid-April this year when I switched departments to join the night team. During my time online I'd pre-booked holiday time for May, and had it approved within the same week it was requested. So far, no problem.

Skip ahead to this week, the two days I requested (Friday-saturday) have now disappeared from Kronos, despite being up there 15 hours ago. I havent had this communicated to me at all by my line manager, or even a discussion to arrange the dates be shifted. Absolutely nothing.

I've spoken to HR too and they said the holidays should carry across, without any problem. I find the timing of them vanishing a little suspect too since the Friday-saturday shifts are the two busiest days of the week, and considering how short staffed the department is, the worry is my line manager has quietly removed my holidays because of it.

Sorry for the long post - I'd just appreciate any advice because I'm not entirely sure how to approach this situation.
Original post by sleepingsunshine
HiI have an interview coming up in the next week and wondered what the process was like? It says on the email that it is an assessment/interview does that mean a group interview? Also how many people do they allow to apply for each position? I got an email as soon as I pressed apply asking me for an interview.

Hi,
As far as I can tell, the recruiting is done external, but the interviews are handled in store so they can vary.
Mine was just 1-1 with a manager with a few easy scenario type questions. 'Can you tell me a time you....etc'. Just have a think about how you would answer any of those type of questions around teamwork, communication, that sort of thing.
If it's an assessment/group thing in your case, the same applies but just keep in mind to be smiley, sociable etc. Probably attitude is miles more important than experience.

For me, the whole thing was around 50 mins from start to finish and was very easy going and chill, compared to others I had.

Good luck anyway.
Original post by sarskinz
How can they not pay you for overtime? Did you calculate your pay correctly?

One of the managers asked me to stay and I said yes and he said he'd put it in the system which he never did so I never got paid.
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
One of the managers asked me to stay and I said yes and he said he'd put it in the system which he never did so I never got paid.

They have to pay you for overtime. Did you clock out when you finished doing your overtime? Make sure you take it up to your manager again and again so they don’t forget. If they don’t then speak to the store manager
Original post by Horrorhiker
Hi all.
Just saying hello as I might be here a bit in the next couple of weeks. I start at Sainsbury's in a few days.
It's a bit of a weird feeling. I'm a mature student, at the end of 2nd year and have managed without working much up to now. I'm impressed with Sains so far though, from what I've seen.

Anyone been in a similar situation? Older student/supermarket working?

Mature student here , some stores are better than others for staff , All my coworkers on the backshift are younger , depends how you fit in , i dont really ha ,
does anyone know what happens when you leave sainsburys. i left today.. never got no letter of leaving never got asked to give uniform back etc? is this how its meant to be?
Original post by sarskinz
They have to pay you for overtime. Did you clock out when you finished doing your overtime? Make sure you take it up to your manager again and again so they don’t forget. If they don’t then speak to the store manager

I did but, Online Dept. has 4 diff managers and the one that's responsible for the pay roll she said she'd look into it - it's been 2 weeks and I just cba asking anymore 'cause everyone says the pay roll manager is the worst. She never gets it done so I just cba. And I did clock out after but this is going back 2 months now. And I just cba.
I have an interview at Sainsbury's on Wednesday as a Food Service Assistant. There's this one question that I just can't answer that well and need some help with. It's "Tell me about a time you’ve dealt with a difficult person." I have no idea how to answer this because I have't really ever had to deal with a difficult person before. I've got no job experience and have only ever been to college. I mean, there was this one time this girl didn't want to do any coursework, so I told her to leave the group (she was working with me and a few others). That lead into an argument, but I didn't really keep my cool because I was angry she wasn't doing work. How am I meant to answer this type of question? If you have any answers, please let me know. I'd highly appreciate it.
Just tried to pay for a coffee machine from Argos online, but when I type in discount into the box to get my colleague discount it says my order is not eligible for this offer? I have used my discount card plenty of times with my argos account so I don’t understand why it has stopped working?
Original post by Yung_M
Just tried to pay for a coffee machine from Argos online, but when I type in discount into the box to get my colleague discount it says my order is not eligible for this offer? I have used my discount card plenty of times with my argos account so I don’t understand why it has stopped working?

They've had an error with the system, so you need to re-register your discount card http://argos.co.uk/colleague-discount

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending