The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Scroll to see replies

I had a disciplinary meeting and the outcome was that I get a written warning. However it has now been over 4 weeks since the meeting and I haven’t received my written warning letter or heard anything else of the matter. Does anyone know why this could be? Also had a colleague told me that they can’t issue me with the letter due to the fact its been 4 weeks now but don’t know if this is true or not
Original post by Zara2805
It’s alright, it was v busy the past few weeks cuz of Xmas so quite hectic, but things have started to cool down.

Hello! I know this is a very random question but I recently got a job at sainsburys and they want to know my national insurance issue & expiration date along with the place of issue and I have no idea what that means!
just wondering if you had to fill out the same kind of thing?
I'm pretty sure they mean your National Insurance number which you should've received around your 16th birthday. It's typically used for working in the UK/acts as a social security number and it should've arrived in the post as a letter.

You'd normally receive an NI number if you were born/live in the UK and your parent/guardian has filled out a Child Benefit claim for you.

Expiry date = when it expires and Place of Issue = wherever you live

More info:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number
Hello. Thanks for the help, I’ve read up that national insurance never expires so I’m confused as to what date I have to put for that part
Original post by Romeyp
Hello. Thanks for the help, I’ve read up that national insurance never expires so I’m confused as to what date I have to put for that part

You’re welcome and tbh that is weird so I’d just leave it blank and or put N/A and then explain that your NI number doesn’t have an expiry date!
Original post by Yung_M
I had a disciplinary meeting and the outcome was that I get a written warning. However it has now been over 4 weeks since the meeting and I haven’t received my written warning letter or heard anything else of the matter. Does anyone know why this could be? Also had a colleague told me that they can’t issue me with the letter due to the fact its been 4 weeks now but don’t know if this is true or not

If this hasn't been issued to you within this time I believe as your colleague has said is correct, it has to be issued within a certain time period but I forget how long it is. (off the top of my head it might even be 2 weeks)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by KroboDragon
anyone know if it's easy or not to move departments? I work in online atm and my manager is wanting me to move from starting at 6am to 4am now that I'm 18 - I've told her I can't as I'm still in full time education and she's told me I can either change my hours, move departments or (in other words) hand in my notice.

I want to work in bakery or petrol if possible, but she's being so difficult it's hard to get anything done with her. The whole department management is so toxic and they expect you to hit impossible targets everyday.

Has anyone got any experience working in petrol/bakery? I've heard they're quite fun :smile:

It is relatively easy, Have a chat with other managers - Unfortunately what she said is correct.

In 10 years I have seen peoples shifts be changed underneath them after they have stated they cannot, They were either labour matched or moved to checkouts.

I found if you do a good job a manager no matter what will always try to keep you on the department you are on if you want to or not.
Heya, just wondering when the probation period ends. I’ve been working for 13 weeks now and haven’t had my probation meeting yet. Did my probation end at the twelve week mark or is it still going until I have my meeting?
Probation usually ends after 12 weeks however for new starters it’s now 4 weeks and they’d call you in for a meeting typically and my guess is that they’ll call you in soon or if you’ve been here a week past your probation then you’re staying on indefinitely. I’d bring it up with a manager just to clarify !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending