The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mug51
it's the two types of shelving fixtures/fittings used in store.

on a planogram it would say clare # and tego @, where # and @ are numbers, those numbers are a guide to where to place the shelf counting the notches from the bottom.

if your not sure which one you use, look at the number for the top shelf and see where that one goes, if it looks too low it is the other one, and if it is ridiculously high then likelwise it would be the other.

Oh and don't be shocked that when you're done, and begin putting the stock on shelves that it does not fit.:tongue:

Haha thanks! Thought it was something to do with that...

I'm not too sure how the shelves 'work' are there 3 pieces? Also, how do sloping shelves with the Perspex risers work.. Is one notch 10%.

Been given the meat fish n poultry range review to do on Sunday to get me broken into the department

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's a job in my local sainsburys. I've looked on the website and it's part time but the hours are when I'm in college. Would this change if I explain that I would be unable to work these hours.

It says:

Week 1: Sunday 8.00-16.00
Wednesday: 7.00-15.00
Friday: 15.00-19.00

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thestars
There's a job in my local sainsburys. I've looked on the website and it's part time but the hours are when I'm in college. Would this change if I explain that I would be unable to work these hours.

It says:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Generally speaking the hours advertised are the hours that they require. However, on occasion hours advertised can be changed, this has happened a few times over the past week in my store, so it would do know harm to ask but just be aware that this may not be the case with the store you are applying to.
Original post by harrisp
Called and they said the store haven't got back to them yet. He also said take no notice of the induction date I was given as this is not set in stone and can constantly change.

Whether successful or unsuccessful I would hear something and if successful I would call them again and they would tell me date/time of induction.

Does this sound about right to you? I'm constantly refreshing my email inbox and checking phone but it doesn't look good does it?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. One thing I have learnt is that Sainbury's as a whole appears to be very slow at actually 'processing' anything.

Three people were hired to work in our department at the start of August and they still haven't started...they are still hired tough!
Oops I posted this in the wrong thread :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Apparently, my application has been put on 'hold' (Called HR, this is what they told me) despite Sainsbury's telling me that they would contact me to arrange a phone interview. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
When you apply online and add the references, does sainsburys call them there and then or at the interview stage. Because I haven't asked my teachers to be references yet and I don't want them to be called by sainsburys with no notice from me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheUnforgiving
I wouldn't worry about it too much. One thing I have learnt is that Sainbury's as a whole appears to be very slow at actually 'processing' anything.

Three people were hired to work in our department at the start of August and they still haven't started...they are still hired tough!

Thanks but I am a natural worrier and if I don't hear anything tomorrow the 9th day then I think I will go insane. I wish I was one of the lucky ones who get to hear after only a day or two (some old topics on here)

Another annoying thing is there are a few more Sainsbury's vacancies that I could apply for in my local area but I can't until this existing one is settled.

This article suggests that the induction day(s) ARE set in stone unless I have misunderstood?

"If you have not heard from Sainsbury's and the stipulated induction days have passed, you can safely assume you did not get the job."
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Recruitment_at_sainsburys

It says:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's likely they want people to work those hours, but if you ring the store they'll be able to tell you if it is possible for different hours. I'd ring the store before applying, however be quick because in my experience jobs aren't left online for very long.

When you apply online and add the references, does sainsburys call them there and then or at the interview stage. Because I haven't asked my teachers to be references yet and I don't want them to be called by sainsburys with no notice from me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked one of my teachers to be a reference, they never contacted him during the interview process and to my knowledge they didn't contact him through the 12 week trial period thing :P Tell your teacher anyway but it's unlikely they'll contact them any time soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They contacted my primary reference after I accepted the position (aka after being accepted and calling them to arrange an induction day). As far as I know, my secondary reference was never contacted.
Original post by harrisp
Thanks but I am a natural worrier and if I don't hear anything tomorrow the 9th day then I think I will go insane. I wish I was one of the lucky ones who get to hear after only a day or two (some old topics on here)

Another annoying thing is there are a few more Sainsbury's vacancies that I could apply for in my local area but I can't until this existing one is settled.

This article suggests that the induction day(s) ARE set in stone unless I have misunderstood?

"If you have not heard from Sainsbury's and the stipulated induction days have passed, you can safely assume you did not get the job."
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Recruitment_at_sainsburys

Don't worry about the induction dates. An induction will most likely be happening on the 28th but it might not be the one for the vacancy you applied for as there will be many inductions happening in stores over the coming months ready for Christmas.

You just have to hold fire. I was told we'd be getting six new starters on my department, I got two and that seemed to be it and then suddenly we are actually getting six more so now there's eight of them! It's not the most organised of systems and it can take time but don't panic about it.
Reply 1791
Original post by Billypb
Haha thanks! Thought it was something to do with that...

I'm not too sure how the shelves 'work' are there 3 pieces? Also, how do sloping shelves with the Perspex risers work.. Is one notch 10%.

Been given the meat fish n poultry range review to do on Sunday to get me broken into the department

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep, there are 3 main parts to a shelf; 2 brackets and the shelf.

KONSOLE_3_H_KOPIE_2.jpg

not sure of the gradient of the slope for each angled bracket notch as we rarely use them. As long as you use the angular brackets then you're ready to go, set your angle and put the shelf on, then grab the perspex and slot in the groove.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mug51
yep, there are 3 main parts to a shelf; 2 brackets and the shelf.

KONSOLE_3_H_KOPIE_2.jpg

not sure of the gradient of the slope for each angled bracket notch as we rarely use them. As long as you use the angular brackets then you're ready to go, set your angle and put the shelf on, then grab the perspex and slot in the groove.

That's great help thank you very much! Shall give it a go and let you know how I get on

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the pay rate for a Convenience Store Lead in Training, and also for after completing the training?
Original post by DRose
Stopped a while back.

Just checked the poster at work, says you get between £37 and £148 depending on how many hours you work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by czechmishaout
They contacted my primary reference after I accepted the position (aka after being accepted and calling them to arrange an induction day). As far as I know, my secondary reference was never contacted.

I assume it is a complete lottery whether they contact your references or not?

But if they do and you have only provided a phone number and an address (no e-mail) do they write to them or telephone? And what do they ask or is there a standard form or something?
After an interview how do they normally contact you to tell you if you have or haven't got the job?
If you don't is it through email?
Original post by yasmincx
After an interview how do they normally contact you to tell you if you have or haven't got the job?
If you don't is it through email?

Usually you get an email and text telling you if you have or haven't got it. They also give you a number to get feedback (if you didn't get it) or to arrange the day for your induction.
Original post by czechmishaout
If you're on the shift that closes the store, how long after the store hours are officially over do you usually stay? (talking about a Local store)

We normally stay 15mins extra but that's purely because customers are slow and there always seems to be one big trolley 5 minutes AFTER the last tannoy... :mad:
Original post by Jesska xD
We normally stay 15mins extra but that's purely because customers are slow and there always seems to be one big trolley 5 minutes AFTER the last tannoy... :mad:

My store never seems to have this problem (except maybe Sundays but not to that level), everyone seems to have this impression that the store closes at 8, they're always really surprised when I tell them it's actually 9 :P I think there was only one time when I was finishing at 9 and a customer came after but my supervisor did it.

Try telling the occasional customer the store closes earlier (at 8 or something), I'm sure they'll fall for it xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending