The Student Room Group

St. Pauls Girls school (spgs) A levels help

I checked the website's a-levels, are those the only courses the school provides? Because I am considering taking law and psychology which many sixth forms do provide, so it is rather odd not seeing them on their list of courses, please help - thanks x
(P.S. - I'm talking about the one in West London)
Also, if there is anyone who currently attends or has in recent years, please comment your overall opinion of the school, including the extra curriculars, holidays, curriculum and whatever else you feel like you should mention. I know there's information on the website, but I'd like to understand the school from a student's perspective.
+ Does anyone know when the next sixth form open day is?
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't go to the school in question but if you're unsure then you could always contact someone from the sixth form to clarify.

If it's not on the list then it's possible they don't offer the course as not all sixth forms offer the same set of subjects due to teaching/numbers in the class etc.
I actually applied there but I didn't bother with the interview because I got offers from much better schools.

My bestfriend's friend goes there and it's a really small school in terms of pupil size so they don't offer a large variety of subjects. I'm sure they offer Psychology though. If you look on the application form, it'll tell you which subjects they're offering for the upcoming year.
Reply 3
Original post by Jaguar220
I checked the website's a-levels, are those the only courses the school provides? Because I am considering taking law and psychology which many sixth forms do provide, so it is rather odd not seeing it on their list of courses, please help - thanks x

I have no idea what they do. But many leading academic institutions do not regard either of those two subjects as "proper" at A level.
Reply 4
Hey, I go to SPGS :smile: psychology and law are not offered as A-level subjects sorry
Reply 5
Original post by emkk96me
Hey, I go to SPGS :smile: psychology and law are not offered as A-level subjects sorry

Hi, so although its obvious, but are the subjects on your school website for sure the only ones they offer?
Reply 6
yup :smile: are you applying in sept?
Reply 7
yup :smile: are you applying in sept?

Yep thinking of.
Reply 8
Is it possible to apply with the following Grades:
English Literature C

English Language A

French A

Maths A

Dance C

Drama B

Science B

Additional Science A

Religious Studies A

History A

P.S. I am concidering of applying for 6th form entry in 2015. For the following subjects: Russian Language; History; Maths; Classical Civilisation.
Reply 9
Original post by Katie015
Is it possible to apply with the following Grades:
English Literature C

English Language A

French A

Maths A

Dance C

Drama B

Science B

Additional Science A

Religious Studies A

History A

P.S. I am concidering of applying for 6th form entry in 2015. For the following subjects: Russian Language; History; Maths; Classical Civilisation.

Is this for SPGS? We don't offer Classical Civilisation (?) Our school has quite high GCSE acceptance standards, so perhaps not
Reply 10
Is this for SPGS? We don't offer Classical Civilisation (?) Our school has quite high GCSE acceptance standards, so perhaps not

I thought you guys do offer Classics?
Reply 11
Original post by Jaguar220
I thought you guys do offer Classics?

Classics is split into Ancient Greek and Latin (2 different subjects). So yes we do offer Classics but it's two different subjects.
I know this may sound stupid/ignorant, but how can you get your gcse results now?! Wouldn't you apply in September of this year, and if you get through the interviews and etc. and manage to get an offer, you would still be doing your actual GCSE exams around may/june 2015?

I had an unconditional offer so my ultimately my gcses didn't matter but some people did probably get conditional offers I'm not sure so maybe that might be a hindrance but overall spgs are known for their strict entrance procedures, so If they like you, they like you and they do think carefully about who they select so I guess I wouldn't worry too much.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest