The Student Room Group

Physics Unit 5 19th June 2014

I've noticed that there isn't really any proper thread for this exam, so I thought it would be worth making one! It's to allow any people taking this exam to share any concerns and help others too!
(edited 10 years ago)
Thermal and nuclear physics is pretty cool.

My concern is that Astrophysics is literally the most boring thing in the entire A-level.

Anyone finished both yet? I will have done so by the end of tonight hopefully.
Reply 2
Original post by spleenharvester

My concern is that Astrophysics is literally the most boring thing in the entire A-level.

We have a long way to go before we complete Nuclear physics, which is a little daunting! Any tips regarding revision for the topic?

I quite liked the look of astrophysics, but our school went with the turning points option module in the end :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by spleenharvester

It's lenses that get to me. Utterly, utterly shockingly **** and boring.
Original post by kashagupta
We have a long way to go before we complete Nuclear physics, which is a little daunting! Any tips regarding revision for the topic?

I quite liked the look of astrophysics, but our school went with the turning points option module in the end :smile:

Just as many past papers as possible really. Make sure you're familiar with natural logs too. Apart from that there's not much to it :tongue: I thought nuclear physics was great, one of the easiest and probably the most interesting parts of the A-level.

So glad I didn't do turning points, it looks a lot harder!

Original post by kingm
It's lenses that get to me. Utterly, utterly shockingly **** and boring.

Hahaha I could not agree more, such an awful topic.
Reply 5
Do we need to know about Kepler's third law?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Do we need to know about Kepler's third law?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what is it?
Reply 7
Original post by user1-4
what is it?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1398181398.299283.jpg

I found this in my notes- but I haven't seen any exam questions come up regarding it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
What 6 markers are likely to come up in the nuclear/thermal physics section, if any?
Reply 9
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1398181398.299283.jpg

I found this in my notes- but I haven't seen any exam questions come up regarding it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, i a paper yesterday where you could use Kepler's 3rd law to answer it
Reply 10
Original post by iDraw
Yeah, i a paper yesterday where you could use Kepler's 3rd law to answer it

I think there was such a question in January 2013, but you could also answer it just with the given information without knowing Kepler's law.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending