places that offer A-levels in 1 year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Emad1993
places that offer A-levels in 1 year?

you could self study.
Reply 2
Good luck with that.
It's going to be quite tough without january exams tho. How many a levels u want brah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by QuantumSuicide
It's going to be quite tough without january exams tho. How many a levels u want brah

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it is going to be tough but I have done soooo much revision in order to be able to be well prepared, I just don't know where to go, I can even immigrate to other cities and rent a flat and finish my first year of A-level and go to uni, I wanna take Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Reply 5
Original post by 391iady
you could self study.

I have only done revision on the subjects that I' hoping to take, but I just don't know where to go (which college)
I know it is going to be tough but I have done soooo much revision in order to be able to be well prepared, I just don't know where to go, I can even immigrate to other cities and rent a flat and finish my first year of A-level and go to uni, I wanna take Physics, Chemistry and Biology

AS isn't too hard, so I'd suggest self teaching your AS now, and then ask to enter into A2 year somewhere, and get taught A2 and just sit AS the same year.

Though, why no maths? If you're taking physics, maths is the one to be doing. Like swap maths for physics.
Reply 7
Original post by L'Evil Fish
AS isn't too hard, so I'd suggest self teaching your AS now, and then ask to enter into A2 year somewhere, and get taught A2 and just sit AS the same year.

Though, why no maths? If you're taking physics, maths is the one to be doing. Like swap maths for physics.

I have done A2 and AS maths already and have got A* on that , I did edexcel C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 FP1, I am currently doing a rubbish course which is called BTEC 90 credit diploma
I have done A2 and AS maths already and have got A* on that , I did edexcel C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 FP1, I am currently doing a rubbish course which is called BTEC 90 credit diploma

Oh well done! Didn't know you could do FP1 in maths.

How come? I'd say just join in an A2 year tbh.
Reply 9

How come? I'd say just join in an A2 year tbh.

How to join A2 course while you don't have AS grades? I only have A-level Maths and Persian language and both are A* but I need science to go to medical schools, I am still looking for colleges but they are too expensive and most of them are independent colleges
How to join A2 course while you don't have AS grades? I only have A-level Maths and Persian language and both are A* but I need science to go to medical schools, I am still looking for colleges but they are too expensive and most of them are independent colleges

Say you've taught yourself the required AS knowledge, and you want to enrol as an A2 student.

Then say you need to sit the AS exams and practicals without lessons.

Show your maths grade to show your capable perhaps. If not, perhaps just ask to fast track bio and chem only?
Reply 11
Say you've taught yourself the required AS knowledge, and you want to enrol as an A2 student.

Then say you need to sit the AS exams and practicals without lessons.

Show your maths grade to show your capable perhaps. If not, perhaps just ask to fast track bio and chem only?

to be honest every staff in my college is an ape. they are all against me I have said these stuff so many times but unfortunately they are apes
to be honest every staff in my college is an ape. they are all against me I have said these stuff so many times but unfortunately they are apes

Any colleges nearby? Without apes
Reply 13
Any colleges nearby? Without apes

no, not really , this is the only one, I live in Bedford
You could sit the exams as a private candidate (you don't attend college, classes etc, you just sit the exam) but this will cost quite a bit of money. Do a google search to find any centres around your area that allows people to sit exams as private candidates.

^^Edit: actually forget that if you're not willing to pay a lot of money. You'll be sitting like 20 exams (including practicals) which is gonna cost loaaaads
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by QuantumSuicide
You could sit the exams as a private candidate (you don't attend college, classes etc, you just sit the exam) but this will cost quite a bit of money. Do a google search to find any centres around your area that allows people to sit exams as private candidates.

^^Edit: actually forget that if you're not willing to pay a lot of money. You'll be sitting like 20 exams (including practicals) which is gonna cost loaaaads
Posted from TSR Mobile

I did a-level maths as private candidates and got A however I found it really hard because I had to teach myself and had no one to help me when i stuck , so doing as a private candidate is not a good way
Reply 16
I did a-level maths as private candidates and got A however I found it really hard because I had to teach myself and had no one to help me when i stuck , so doing as a private candidate is not a good way

the opposite with me I find it really to be taught by someone else. I could easily self teach, but my school won't enter me for any exams.

I don't think you can?? GCE Pure Mathematics for Edexcel, you need C1 C2 C3 C4 FP1 FP2/FP3.

I think most medical schools require you to do your A Levels in one 2 year period?
Original post by rayquaza17
I don't think you can?? GCE Pure Mathematics for Edexcel, you need C1 C2 C3 C4 FP1 FP2/FP3.

I think most medical schools require you to do your A Levels in one 2 year period?

That's what I thought :erm:
Reply 19
Original post by rayquaza17

do they ?

Quick Reply

Latest