The Student Room Group

Two Holes.

umm i dont really know how to put this without it sounding like a complete wind up but after some self-examination today with a mirror, i realised the reason i find it so impossible to have sex. where most people have one penis-accommodating hole (aka The Vagina) - I ahve two v.v. small ones that are separated by a kinda septum-ish thing, (think like a nostril.)

know this sounds a bit far fetched and believe me i intend to get on to my GP asap but has anyone got this/know anything about it?

oh maaaan.
Reply 1
Um.
I think the 'nostril' is actually the cervix, which is meant to be there.
Biologically, it is in the middle of the vagina (the whole thing)... and it could be supposed to protrude downwards?
Reply 2
You might have a septate hymen - there's a non-explicit pic on this site that you can compare with. http://www.healthystrokes.com/hymengallery.html
I think it's rare but nothing to worry about. You can have a surgical procedure if it causes you problems but it should tear like normal hymens when you have sex/insert a tampon/etc
Reply 3
Sounds like you have a septate hymen. Go to your GP, that's what she'll tell you. You don't actually have two vaginas, don't worry. PM me if you want any advice on dealing with it.
Reply 4
renna
Um.
Biologically, it is in the middle of the vagina (the whole thing)... and it could be supposed to protrude downwards?

cervix is definitely not meant to be there. cervix is a good few inches inside. hymen, as above.
Reply 5
its the hymen.
Reply 6
Tell us what the doc says!

(Morbid curiousity, sorry..)
Talya
Tell us what the doc says!

(Morbid curiousity, sorry..)

:biggrin: Never heard that one before!!
Yeah that is definitely a septate hymen. They're actually quite uncommon, usually a hymen will surround the vagina hole rather than stretch across it. It may hurt too much to have sex properly and be embarrassing if he cannot fit into you because of the septate hymen, so go to the doctor and see if they can break it for you. I broke my own but I don't recommend it because I didn't do it under very hygienic conditions and it was very painful. I have a thread about this on here somewhere but it's under an anonymous name so it may be difficult to find it...I will see if I can find it for you though.
I wouldn't mention breaking your own, Anon 2. I got warnings for suggesting that.
renna
Um.

Um, what?

Wow.
i had a septate hymen also. i discovered it when i was 14 while taking out a tampon. it was so painful trying to pull it out and this weird fleshy stringy thing was caught around it. i sat on the toilet for 2 hours trying to get it out and move it around, crying, with blood all over my hands. not to mention i was at my dads house during this. after i finally moved the septate hymen off the tampon and got it out, i took a hot shower and cried some more because i thought something was wrong with me and it was kinda traumatic lol. but anyway flash forward 2 years, i’m 16, i told my mom about it when i was 15. my mom trying to protect my virginity at all costs, pretty much loves the fact that i have a vaginal birth defect that prevents me from having sex and being able to use tampons. i’ve asked her several times to schedule an appointment to see a gynecologist. but she apparently “hasn’t gotten to it”. she thinks every time i ask i’m just eager to finally have sex, but really i’m tired of using pads and wish to use tampons with out this excruciating pain. anyway, little does she know, my boyfriend and i have found a way around it. we decided to have sex for my first time. and believe me i was so ready. when we did it i just pulled my septate hymen to the side so he could carefully stick his penis in. and thankfully that has worked every time we’ve done it, without any pain or complications. but during the last time we had sex which was about 2 days ago, his penis slipped out and then he stuck it back in. about 3 or 4 fast strokes in, i felt something kinda pop inside and it hurt soo bad. so i told him “get out get out” and he was like “was that your thing, are you okay, did i break it” and instantly blood started coming out. so i got a pad and put it on and wiped everything. he and i looked for my septate hymen and we couldn’t even find where the blood was coming from. so i go home and shower and clean everything down there. after i get out i use a hand mirror trying to see if it was still there. it kept bleeding with very little movement. i stick my finger in and i see my hymen and i thought oh good it’s still there, it was far up so i pulled it down to where it usually was and when i pulled it out it came out like a string. only one side was connected to the inside of my vagina. so basically it broke. and i had it hanging out of my vagina for about a day. it kept bleeding so i wore panty liners. i go to my boyfriends house and i’m reading all this stuff about how these girls cut their own. and i wasn’t going to have it hanging out of me. it looked like a freaking worm. so i get a pair of scissors, sterilize them, sit on the toilet for and hour crying because i’m scared to cut it, so i have my boyfriend come in. and after an hour of him and i trying to have me man up and do it, i finally wipe my tears and handed him the scissors. i told him to cut it with one clean snip and to get as close to my hole as possible with out cutting my vagina. he ended up having to snip it 3 times to fully cut it off. it hurt a little but not as bad as it did when it actually broke the first time. so after a day, it is still bleeding a little but not as much. i have been cleaning it every time use the bathroom and really cleaning good when i shower. i use my shower head to really flush out all the blood and bacteria that could be inside. i am very nervous about it getting infected but everything ive read on it says that after a week or so it should be healed. i have not told my mom and i don’t really plan to. i’ve decided it’s none of her business since she decided not to get it taken care of the several times i told her about it. anyway there’s my story, having this septate hymen has really been a pain in the ass. actually, the vagina lol. i am so happy to finally be able to use tampons with out any pain and actually be able to experience pleasurable sex without having to worry about it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by gray7777
i had a septate hymen also. i discovered it when i was 14 while taking out a tampon. it was so painful trying to pull it out and this weird fleshy stringy thing was caught around it. i sat on the toilet for 2 hours trying to get it out and move it around, crying, with blood all over my hands. not to mention i was at my dads house during this. after i finally moved the septate hymen off the tampon and got it out, i took a hot shower and cried some more because i thought something was wrong with me and it was kinda traumatic lol. but anyway flash forward 2 years, i’m 16, i told my mom about it when i was 15. my mom trying to protect my virginity at all costs, pretty much loves the fact that i have a vaginal birth defect that prevents me from having sex and being able to use tampons. i’ve asked her several times to schedule an appointment to see a gynecologist. but she apparently “hasn’t gotten to it”. she thinks every time i ask i’m just eager to finally have sex, but really i’m tired of using pads and wish to use tampons with out this excruciating pain. anyway, little does she know, my boyfriend and i have found a way around it. we decided to have sex for my first time. and believe me i was so ready. when we did it i just pulled my septate hymen to the side so he could carefully stick his penis in. and thankfully that has worked every time we’ve done it, without any pain or complications. but during the last time we had sex which was about 2 days ago, his penis slipped out and then he stuck it back in. about 3 or 4 fast strokes in, i felt something kinda pop inside and it hurt soo bad. so i told him “get out get out” and he was like “was that your thing, are you okay, did i break it” and instantly blood started coming out. so i got a pad and put it on and wiped everything. he and i looked for my septate hymen and we couldn’t even find where the blood was coming from. so i go home and shower and clean everything down there. after i get out i use a hand mirror trying to see if it was still there. it kept bleeding with very little movement. i stick my finger in and i see my hymen and i thought oh good it’s still there, it was far up so i pulled it down to where it usually was and when i pulled it out it came out like a string. only one side was connected to the inside of my vagina. so basically it broke. and i had it hanging out of my vagina for about a day. it kept bleeding so i wore panty liners. i go to my boyfriends house and i’m reading all this stuff about how these girls cut their own. and i wasn’t going to have it hanging out of me. it looked like a freaking worm. so i get a pair of scissors, sterilize them, sit on the toilet for and hour crying because i’m scared to cut it, so i have my boyfriend come in. and after an hour of him and i trying to have me man up and do it, i finally wipe my tears and handed him the scissors. i told him to cut it with one clean snip and to get as close to my hole as possible with out cutting my vagina. he ended up having to snip it 3 times to fully cut it off. it hurt a little but not as bad as it did when it actually broke the first time. so after a day, it is still bleeding a little but not as much. i have been cleaning it every time use the bathroom and really cleaning good when i shower. i use my shower head to really flush out all the blood and bacteria that could be inside. i am very nervous about it getting infected but everything ive read on it says that after a week or so it should be healed. i have not told my mom and i don’t really plan to. i’ve decided it’s none of her business since she decided not to get it taken care of the several times i told her about it. anyway there’s my story, having this septate hymen has really been a pain in the ass. actually, the vagina lol. i am so happy to finally be able to use tampons with out any pain and actually be able to experience pleasurable sex without having to worry about it.

Sounds kinda unsafe to me, if at all possible you should go to a doctor
hey guys i found a similar post to this, the girl sounds kinda young can you give her the information she needs please..

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6846710

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending