The Student Room Group

home study

so im in university doing my bachelors in general science, haven't chosen my major yet, thing is, 1st semester i took all three sciences, but dropped physics the second semester coz i figured i ddnt need it for my major, now i NEED IT LIKE CRAZY!! coz ive decided to go into engineering,,,oops fr me!, so i decided to write my a levels and apply with those results,..but that means il have to study outside a schooling environment,,,well not really, still in school here,,,,,,buhhhhh, just wondering, is it wise, or shou;ld i just enroll in a form 6 class and take a gap year at uni?
Reply 1
Moved to Engineering Uni Courses. They probably understand your situation better :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by Nirgilis
Moved to Engineering Uni Courses. They probably understand your situation better :tongue:

yah...but things kinda work differently in my country or rather school, so its kinda hard to explain my situation...my only option is to write my a levels at this point becoz i cant retake any of my courses coz ive passed them, school policy.... just wanted to know, if one can effectively study their a levels at home,,,,plus ive got uni courses to deal with
Reply 3
Original post by pmatshameko
yah...but things kinda work differently in my country or rather school, so its kinda hard to explain my situation...my only option is to write my a levels at this point becoz i cant retake any of my courses coz ive passed them, school policy.... just wanted to know, if one can effectively study their a levels at home,,,,plus ive got uni courses to deal with

It would definitely be possible to study your a levels at home. I did exactly that as well as many of my friends. My teachers were rubbish so eventually I stopped going classes all together. But really it depends on your work ethic. Do you think you'll be motivated enough to do the work on your own?

And how long do you have till you have to take your exams? I personally think a gap year is a great idea.
Reply 4
Original post by laylalala
It would definitely be possible to study your a levels at home. I did exactly that as well as many of my friends. My teachers were rubbish so eventually I stopped going classes all together. But really it depends on your work ethic. Do you think you'll be motivated enough to do the work on your own?

And how long do you have till you have to take your exams? I personally think a gap year is a great idea.

thanx....i have about 7 months
Reply 5
Original post by pmatshameko
thanx....i have about 7 months

7 months is plenty of time. Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by laylalala
7 months is plenty of time. Good luck :smile:

thanx a lot....:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest