The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I can't believe how many people have said Pizza Hut - it's not real pizza! In Italy, pizzas don't have 3 inch crusts, stuffed with plastic cheese and God knows what! :rolleyes:

I went out with friends once, and a girl that I didn't know very well came along. We all went to Pizza Express and when her pizza arrived she said, in a very loud voice:
"Oh my God - is it supposed to be this thin? I can, like see through it. And, ewwww, is that flour on the bottom of it? That's disgusting. Pizza hut make such better pizzas...at least theirs have crusts and a thick base, like properly Italian."

Understandably, the waiters all found this hilarious. My friends and I were visibly cringing. Needless to say, we never took her to a restaurant (other than Nando's) again.

Best pizza I've ever had? Twas at my boyfriend's - he's Italian, so his family make the best and most authentic pizzas :smile:
Reply 21
pizza express stands head and shoulders above the other ones listed.
Hell Pizza in New Zealand is divine, but as for the UK, I'd say Dominos all the way :biggrin:
Reply 23
Angelharpist
I can't believe how many people have said Pizza Hut - it's not real pizza! In Italy, pizzas don't have 3 inch crusts, stuffed with plastic cheese and God knows what! :rolleyes:

I went out with friends once, and a girl that I didn't know very well came along. We all went to Pizza Express and when her pizza arrived she said, in a very loud voice:
"Oh my God - is it supposed to be this thin? I can, like see through it. And, ewwww, is that flour on the bottom of it? That's disgusting. Pizza hut make such better pizzas...at least theirs have crusts and a thick base, like properly Italian."

Understandably, the waiters all found this hilarious. My friends and I were visibly cringing. Needless to say, we never took her to a restaurant (other than Nando's) again.

Best pizza I've ever had? Twas at my boyfriend's - he's Italian, so his family make the best and most authentic pizzas :smile:

Ah, we have a pizza elitist on our hands.

The beauty of pizza for me is the fat crusts and excess grease and piles of cheese. If you're looking for sophisticated cuisine then I'd rather eat something other than pizza anyway. Dominoes are good at pulling this off, Pizza Hut feel a little bit too processed.
I think Ask do the best pizzas from the list but I think the best pizzas ever are made by Zincos. They are absolutely massive, nice and thin on the bottom and have lovely soft crusts and put lots of proper tomato sauce on them and plenty of cheese. They are absolutely gorgeous!

Latest