The Student Room Group

Anyone else had a similar experience at Plumpton college

The time I have spent at Plumpton college was probably the worst educational experience I’ve ever had!!! It’s a school which I wouldn’t send my worst enemy too. I studied animal management there before I decided to leave after my first year and not return for many different reasons. The college is like the Willy wonka experience it looks amazing and the best experience of your life it’s not animal management had me in tears most nights with the unrealistic expectations set for coursework and the difficulty to secure a distinction no matter how much work you put into it. It takes months to receive any feedback on your work and grades as communication is not a priority at Plumpton. Although some teachers are amazing there and I will forever be grateful for everything I have learned from them I won’t forget the under qualified, uncaring and straight up unpleasant teachers I have also had who made my college experience miserable. the whole environment surrounding Plumpton is toxic it’s full of cliques of toxic agri lads, *****y Equastrians and self entitled animal management students the 3 big courses there are horrendous they classes are too big if you need help it’s hard to receive. The college places a big emphasis on caring for their students and how their mental health comes first. However students are left feeling uncared for an unheard by a team who doesn’t care for their students but instead the grades that they’re achieving. The biggest issue however is the lack of communication. I found out that I was meant to be in a class which I was never made aware of and told at the end of the year that I was meant to be attending there dragging my attendance down. Everything at Plumpton college is expensive. Bus journeys for the year cost over £1000 and you are sometimes left waiting in the cold for over an hour because the bus company hasn’t turned up. The food is expensive. £3.50 for a pizza, £2.00 for a store brought muffin it’s unbelievably inaccessible for a lot of students who may struggle with money. If you would like to board at Plumpton expect to pay a couple of grand for a basic room. The college is happy to also take money for their “new buildings” while keeping certain students at the college after they have screwed up. Overall my experience and Plumpton college was horrible. I left June of last year and never came back and I don’t regret it I would consider really having a long think about whether it is the right college for you before sending your child there.

- a former Plumpton student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending