The Student Room Group

Sheffield or Newcastle for Medicine A100?

Hi fellas

I was lucky enough to get a few offers for Medicine and I've narrowed it down to Sheffield and Newcastle, and I really am torn between the two. I was hoping someone here (whether you are med students or applicants) might be able to provide some insight on the two schools.

I really love both of them, and they seem like similar courses in many ways (both integrated, both have early clinical contact). Newcastle is more case-led from what I could gather; I'm pretty neutral towards that approac. Sheffield seems to have a slightly stronger focus on science in the first year.

Sheffield is a bigger city; Newcastle probably has better social.

City centre in Newcastle seems pretty great, and its very 'concentrated' and manageable.

Sheffield has nice accomodation all together; Newcastle has cheap accomodation, some located very near the medical school with excellent social (the impression I got anyway).

Essentially, I'm more interested in the standard of the clinical years of the course, because it's harder to find information about those, and I imagine that my first year or so will be pretty similar at either.

If anybody has a passion for either medical school and would like to tell me what makes either one so great, then that would be very helpful.

Equally, if there are problems with one of them that I may have overlooked, then I would be very grateful to hear about those as well.

I realise that I can't really go wrong because I love them both.

Any advice please!
Reply 1
Shameful bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending