The Student Room Group

Nottingham uni medicine

is it likely that I get at least an interview with a 119/152 for medicine
Original post by 20chowac20

I think you definitely have a very good chance compared to mine.

I have just worked out my Ucat and gcse score and it has come to 92/152 for the Nottingham A100. Although my Ucat score was 3100, I got a band 3 which has drastically reduced my score.
Do you think it would be worth applying to Nottingham or would it be a waste of a choice?
Looking at last years scoring I would have got 51 which I'm sure would have given me a great chance for an interview. Any advice would greatly appreciated. Thanks from someone who is really confused
Reply 2
Original post by notsure_111
I think you definitely have a very good chance compared to mine.

I have just worked out my Ucat and gcse score and it has come to 92/152 for the Nottingham A100. Although my Ucat score was 3100, I got a band 3 which has drastically reduced my score.
Do you think it would be worth applying to Nottingham or would it be a waste of a choice?
Looking at last years scoring I would have got 51 which I'm sure would have given me a great chance for an interview. Any advice would greatly appreciated. Thanks from someone who is really confused

im gonna be honest I'm on the same page as you I'm about to be a year 13, where did you find the old scoring? apparently a minimum of 44/45 to get through first sift? Id advise you not to apply Birmingham at least with their pre-interview and post-interview scoring taking SJT into account. I heard 120/152 for Nottingham generally gives you a good chance for interview which is why I opened the thread. Thats according to the 'which medical school should I apply to' mega thread at least. You should try Bristol.
Old scoring on this thread.https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560772

Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking Leicester and Sheffield especially with my high Ucat. Sheffield scoring for SJT is only a difference of 2 points at interview and Leicester is mainly UCAT score and not SJT as long as you get bands 1-3. Maybe also Birmingham because I fit into their contextual and polar quintile criteria. but I dont know if that would be risky. 4th choice I'm not sure. I was thinking of Bristol or QMUL. Good luck to you with Nottingham but I dont think I will be applying there with the info you have just posted.
(edited 2 years ago)
I was thinking about applying sheffield or newcastle. What do you think the cut off will be this year for the UCAT?
Newcastle was 2730 in 2020 and the cut offs do increase year by year. Maybe around 2800-2850?
Sheffield is 2420/3600 for 2022 entry.
Reply 6
Newcastle was 2730 in 2020 and the cut offs do increase year by year. Maybe around 2800-2850?
Sheffield is 2420/3600 for 2022 entry.

That is the Sheffield threshold. You have to score above this to not be immediately rejected, but then applicants are ranked competitively, 2740 was needed for an interview
Cut off at Newcastle was 2820 for 2021 entry

I htink it is likely that will be too low
Original post by GANFYD
That is the Sheffield threshold. You have to score above this to not be immediately rejected, but then applicants are ranked competitively, 2740 was needed for an interview
Cut off at Newcastle was 2820 for 2021 entry

I htink it is likely that will be too low

So with a score of 3100 UCAT (band 3) would you advise that applying to Sheffield,Newcastle and Leicester would be worth my while?
Reply 8
So with a score of 3100 UCAT (band 3) would you advise that applying to Sheffield,Newcastle and Leicester would be worth my while?

Leicester depends on your GCSEs as well. Newcastle would be fine, Sheffield would interview you, but you have lost a couple of points before you start with a B3 SJT
I really do apprecfiate your responses.

Looking at the scoring I have 60/64 for Leicester when I put together the scoring for both Gcse and Ucat. Would that be enough to get an interview do you think?
Reply 10
I really do apprecfiate your responses.

Looking at the scoring I have 60/64 for Leicester when I put together the scoring for both Gcse and Ucat. Would that be enough to get an interview do you think?

Cut off was 57 last year
Original post by GANFYD
Cut off was 57 last year

Thats close!! Hmmm, I have alot to think about. Thank you so much for taking precious time out to respond. It is very much appreciated :smile:
Reply 12
Thats close!! Hmmm, I have alot to think about. Thank you so much for taking precious time out to respond. It is very much appreciated :smile:

60 will almost certainly be fine - that is 300 extra on UCAT!!
The risk is how many interviews are given to those with achieved grades, as if there are few left, it will push up other cut offs
Original post by GANFYD
60 will almost certainly be fine - that is 300 extra on UCAT!!
The risk is how many interviews are given to those with achieved grades, as if there are few left, it will push up other cut offs

Good point.
Reply 14

Did you get an interview?
Do you think it is a good idea applying with 130/152?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending