The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by All Falls Down
This is a really, really dumb way of saying 'Sakho likes to be the aggressor, and he needs a half decent defender in a partnership with him'.

Actually it's really not.
I am saying that Sakho loses his head and his wandering is not always as an "aggressor", it is sometimes randomly sideways or backwards.
I also was specifically saying that sometimes a "half decent" defender is not enough. I think David Luiz is a very good defender but I wouldn't trust him to partner Sakho. Sakho needs an organiser to make sure he doesn't lose his head, not just a good defender.
Original post by Alex Doran
I am saying that Sakho loses his head and his wandering is not always as an "aggressor", it is sometimes randomly sideways or backwards.
I also was specifically saying that sometimes a "half decent" defender is not enough. I think David Luiz is a very good defender but I wouldn't trust him to partner Sakho. Sakho needs an organiser to make sure he doesn't lose his head, not just a good defender.

Lol this is bull****.

Sakho is the organiser/leader normally, read about his time at PSG. He hasn't been able to do that in Liverpool because he can't speak the language.

Also 'I think David Luiz is a very good defender' lol.
Gerrard retires from England, good time to retire for him.
Steven Gerrard Announces International Retirement, I can see Roy Hodgson being somewhat upset tbh.
Original post by mr tim

Lampard next please.
Original post by mr tim

Naturally the England captaincy should levitate to Jack Wilshere
Original post by mr tim

Time to win the league before he retires from LFC!
Reply 7987
Original post by sevchenko
Naturally the England captaincy should levitate to Jack Wilshere

lol
Original post by samiz20891
Steven Gerrard Announces International Retirement, I can see Roy Hodgson being somewhat upset tbh.

Not really. Hodgson is just thankful he still has a job after Gerrard's back header fell to the feet of Luis Suarez :rolleyes:. Have been saying for a long time that Gerrard is a liability for England, glad to see him finally hang his boots up.
About time Gerrard retired from international duty, now Gerrard can just focus on club football and try to stay injury free.
Should have been two years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Should have been two years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gerard shouldn't play much for Liverpool either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RedArrow
Gerard shouldn't play much for Liverpool either

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol this is bull****.

Sakho is the organiser/leader normally, read about his time at PSG. He hasn't been able to do that in Liverpool because he can't speak the language.

Also 'I think David Luiz is a very good defender' lol.

Yes, David Luiz is a very good defender when with the right partner. He has consistently shown for Brazil that then with Thiago Silva, he plays very well and forms a solid defence. You can see that he does have all of the skills required to be a good centre back and when he is being organised, he is about as good as defenders get. He is excellent in the air, his tackling is incredible, he is fast enough to catch up to attackers, he rarely gets beaten and he can cover Thiago Silva or the fullback when needed. It is not just Thiago Silva making him look good, David Luiz, individually, looks very good when being organised and that is probably why PSG spent about £40 million on him.
From what I have seen at Sakho (just at Liverpool) he is definitely not the organiser because he loses his head himself. It doesn't matter what language you speak, you can't organise a defence effectively when you are rarely in the right position yourself.
[video="youtube;7v5v6BdeaDQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v5v6BdeaDQ[/video]
Yes, David Luiz is a very good defender when with the right partner. He has consistently shown for Brazil that then with Thiago Silva, he plays very well and forms a solid defence. You can see that he does have all of the skills required to be a good centre back and when he is being organised, he is about as good as defenders get. He is excellent in the air, his tackling is incredible, he is fast enough to catch up to attackers, he rarely gets beaten and he can cover Thiago Silva or the fullback when needed. It is not just Thiago Silva making him look good, David Luiz, individually, looks very good when being organised and that is probably why PSG spent about £40 million on him.
From what I have seen at Sakho (just at Liverpool) he is definitely not the organiser because he loses his head himself. It doesn't matter what language you speak, you can't organise a defence effectively when you are rarely in the right position yourself.

Wut?

David Luiz has always been a liability, that's why Mourinho didn't trust him playing central defence so employed him in holding midfield. Then in comes Matic who is a great natural holding midfielder so there is no need for Luiz.

He was paired with Thiago Silva in the 3rd place playoff game against Holland and he did not form a 'solid defence.' He is a decent centre back but does he cost the reported £40-50 million? I don't think so.
Lovren seems to be nearly done for £16m, according to Soton's local paper, Barrett and Ben Smith say it's almost done too. Good fee, really.

He's very robust defender, strong in his one on ones, and creates a french speaking trio with his keeper and Sakho. Communication problems should be ironed out fairly soon I'd guess. Should be good to see. Can see us being much, much better at back if these two manage to hit it off, which I think they will. Lovren is only keeping the seat warm for Ilori anyway

Origi almost done too. Belgian media reports that we're in talks with Zakaria Bakkali (PSV wunderkind gone a bit wrong). Remy just waiting for a medical.

All that's needed is an LB and then a wide forward signing.

nice one - he's an underrated defender imo.
16m is a good deal for him; i would've been annoyed at anything over 20m though

would be happy with 20m on moreno and the rest on a wide player as you said (not sure who though)

please never say that sentence in front of people...
I think it's more accurate to say that david luiz is a very good footballer. He doesn't really have a natural position though. I imagine he'd be absolutely sick if professional football was played like a pick up game on the Astro.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
nice one - he's an underrated defender imo.
16m is a good deal for him; i would've been annoyed at anything over 20m though

would be happy with 20m on moreno and the rest on a wide player as you said (not sure who though)

please never say that sentence in front of people...

I stand by it, he is a very good defender when playing with someone who can organise him and tell him what to do.

Latest