The Student Room Group

English coursework

I'm currently finishing off my English coursework, and my wordcount is at around 1650 words.... 150 words over the supposed limit. Would this be acceptable to a moderator?
My exam board is AQA, if that helps.
Cheers.
Reply 1
I'm not sure about AQA, but my exam board (OCR), stops reading after the word limit (so I've been told by my teachers). I hear some places are lenient and give you an extra 10% or something, but I would ask your teachers if they know, or do some research on the AQA website. I'm sure it will say somewhere.
Reply 2
Original post by Zoelingua
I'm not sure about AQA, but my exam board (OCR), stops reading after the word limit (so I've been told by my teachers). I hear some places are lenient and give you an extra 10% or something, but I would ask your teachers if they know, or do some research on the AQA website. I'm sure it will say somewhere.

I'm OCR as well, how did you find your coursework? Are you A2? I'm just finishing mine, it's well over the word limit!
Reply 3
I'm doing English AS with AQA and our teachers were banging on about word count up untill the last day when they realised the cover sheet that goes ontop of our coursework that we have to sign and put our student number on etc. doesn't actually ask for word count for coursework and commentary like it used to.
Reply 4
Original post by AlexKay99
I'm OCR as well, how did you find your coursework? Are you A2? I'm just finishing mine, it's well over the word limit!

Found it pretty good! One of the novels we studied was pretty long so it took a while for us to fully get on track.

I'm A2 - are you? What did you do for your coursework?

I always struggle with the word count, so do most people... Annoying because I always feel like I have something else to add!

My school have been moderating ours today, our deadline was like February :O
Cut the waffle/superfluous language/points out of it. You need to edit your work as if you're gutting a fish.
Reply 6
Original post by Zoelingua
Found it pretty good! One of the novels we studied was pretty long so it took a while for us to fully get on track.

I'm A2 - are you? What did you do for your coursework?

I always struggle with the word count, so do most people... Annoying because I always feel like I have something else to add!

My school have been moderating ours today, our deadline was like February :O

I'm still doing it :frown: I'm A2 and my question was hard. It was: Nature for the Romantics often appears to have two faces, to be the source both of people's happiness and of their misery. Discuss the ways in which three works have explored that duality.
What do you understand from that question? I need to opinions so to know I'm on the right track :smile:
The texts I'm doing are Wuthering Heights by Bronte, Walden by Thoreau and Keats' Odes :smile:
My word count is over the limit but excluding quotations, bibliography, titles etc it is fine!
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest