The Student Room Group

Need photo ID that's "official", what's the cheapest?

I've been told that I need a photo ID for the exams, I'll just quote:

"You must bring with you to all of your exams photographic ID. The photo of you must be recognisably recent, and the ID must be an official document."

I replied:

"the only recent ID I have is a Photocard for trains. Other than that, I have a college pass from 2005 and my passport from 2000. Would any of these, along with a birth certificate, be acceptable? If not, what would be the cheapest acceptable ID?"

His reply was simply:

"The document needs to be an official one, and the photo on it has to be recognizably you - apart from this, any kind of photo ID is acceptable."

So... would you consider a train card or college card "official"?

Edit: He's replied:

"It would need to be issued by an official body which had verified the identity of the person in question. A train card like this would not be acceptable, I'm afraid, unless accompanied by another document such as a birth certificate."

Still not specific word on what 'official' definitely means, but I have a full birth certificate, so crisis averted.
(edited 10 years ago)
2005 isn't that recent, maybe go with the train card although how "official" the invidgulators will find it I don't know.
Reply 2
Worth a bump.
Reply 3
Driver's licence? School id? etc?
Reply 4
He's a bit vague with what he means by "official"- does it have to be government official or what?

Technically the passport is acceptable because it doesn't say it has to be up to date, but assuming that you're a teenager then a picture from 14 years ago isn't going to be "recognisably you"

you're probably best with a drivers licence which is £60 im sure
Reply 5
Provisional license - 50 quid
Reply 6
I've contacted AQA and Edexcel so I should know soon. If it has to be a government thing, the cheapest option seems to be a citizen card ('ID card') which would be £30 for an urgent one (it can be £15 to get it delivered in a few weks).

Also I found a page on AQA's site where I get a photo and a doctor (or other relevant person as listed) signs to say it's me, which I then give to the college/school, which seems to be the free option if I was only doing AQA.
Reply 7
Original post by ozzyoscy
I've contacted AQA and Edexcel so I should know soon. If it has to be a government thing, the cheapest option seems to be a citizen card ('ID card') which would be £30 for an urgent one (it can be £15 to get it delivered in a few weks).

Also I found a page on AQA's site where I get a photo and a doctor (or other relevant person as listed) signs to say it's me, which I then give to the college/school, which seems to be the free option if I was only doing AQA.

lol at your sig
Reply 8
Original post by tehforum
lol at your sig

I know. Should be no surprise that those who can't do it without cheating are the same ones that look to sabotage themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest