The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

"LOL" when ppl write that on messenger when you're having a convo with them. the conversation goes nowhere. hate it when people do it repeatedly and espeically when you've said something that isn't funny.
for example, you: "my arm hurts" they: "lol" there are better examples of stupidy of when it's used....
Helenia
"No offence, but..." *insert several minutes of offensive ranting* :mad:

How could I have forgotten that? You often get posts that go along the lines of "No offence, but I hate immigrants and I want to kick them our of our country" or "No offence, but women are worse than men and should stay at home cooking and cleaning". Do these people have no concept of the meaning of what they're saying?
"to be fair..." grrr
blackmores_heir
"to be fair..." grrr

I'm guilty of that one. It's a bad habit I should get out of.
Reply 24
"*such and such a thing* IS THE SEX" :mad:
'Is it?' instead of 'really?' gets on my nerves something chronic.

'I'm going upstairs.'

'Is it?'

THAT MAKES NO SENSE!!

Oh, and 'seen' instead of 'OK'. For the same reason.
Reply 26
Bluelight your avy is fab :biggrin: :yy:
i hate it when people say
"to be honest ....." as if they arent usually honest!
and also when someone is "a million percent certain" :mad:
Reply 28
Gem
Bluelight your avy is fab :biggrin: :yy:
:biggrin: cheers!
Reply 29
mm = "merry meet" - those people are stuck in 80s middle-america, or films from that era

"have a nice day" - McD's workers when the boss is around, they don't mean it & I don't want it.

"later aligater" .. ."in a while crocadile" :puke:
Reply 30
Chumbaniya
How could I have forgotten that? You often get posts that go along the lines of "No offence, but I hate immigrants and I want to kick them our of our country" or "No offence, but women are worse than men and should stay at home cooking and cleaning". Do these people have no concept of the meaning of what they're saying?
To be honest!!! Does this mean that ever time you fail to say TBH you are lying?
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Excellent thread!
Reply 31
at the end of the day, it's basically got to be "obviously". i mean, no offence but everybody seems to just like, stick it in all over the shop. I, personally speaking would say that if you were to bear with me, i could literally continue like this all day.

*ahem*
Reply 32
i forgot to mention, to be honest. to be perfectly honest. to be totally honest. if i'm being honest. endless variations, all equally sickening. my boss loves saying "... is the short answer", even when it doesn't work. i.e. today somebody asked me if we had any sausage rolls, i said "no". my boss jumped in, and said "we don't have any today but we do make them ourselves and they are baked off every friday and saturday in the morning, we've just run out at the moment, so come in at the weekend... is the short answer." i mean WTF?!?!
Reply 33
^^^ Hahahahahahhaha
rxbeef
at the end of the day, it's basically got to be "obviously". i mean, no offence but everybody seems to just like, stick it in all over the shop. I, personally speaking would say that if you were to bear with me, i could literally continue like this all day.

*ahem*

thats quite a skill you have there
Reply 35
NotoriousMIC
thats quite a skill you have there

i spend my days mocking my boss who is (quite literally) a walking talking cliched phrase bin. another favouite thing of mine that she says, (when i say favourite, i mean i want to strangle her..) "can i just snuck in behind you?" - errr wrong tense anyone or have i missed something?!
yer def wrong tense...
someone i used to work with used to always say "are you with me?" after every sentence..
very strange..either that or he was extremely short sighted.
Reply 37
'I'm not being big headed... BUT..'

'Can I lend it off you?'

'Yay!'

'She gave it me'

'To be fair'

'That's so Emo' / 'She's such a Myspace whore' / 'I've just taken your comment virginity' / 'Thanks for the add!!'

'Did you have the sex', 'Did you sex him', 'He's pretty'

'That meal was fit as' and 'Those shoes are well fit'

'Anyhoo'

'I was proper mortle'

'It was funny as anything'

'Do ya know what a mean??'

'Do you though?'

'No offence or anything'
'Smile'
'Cheer up'
'What's wrong?'
'oh my days'
'innit'
'alright?' (as a greeting)
'No offense but...'
'bare'
'you know what i'm saying'
Reply 39
[rant]ooooo and another one i despise is, "like". i'm guilty of it mind you, as is the vast majority of the teenage population.lol in msn conversations, especially funny when they're on webcam and you can see they are clearly not, "laughing out loud". rofl is possibly worse as you know that they aren't rolling around on the floor laughing. don't get me started on roflmfao. [/rant]

YOU GET ME!?

Latest

Trending

Trending