The Student Room Group

History - GCSE American West and Medicine Through Time

I'v been stressing out for the past two weeks, i'm not exactly sure on how to understand the Q5B/6B questions or even on how to answer it. The sioux wars are absolutely not sinking into my head. Is there any thing to help me ?
Reply 1
Original post by Amanda.M
I'v been stressing out for the past two weeks, i'm not exactly sure on how to understand the Q5B/6B questions or even on how to answer it. The sioux wars are absolutely not sinking into my head. Is there any thing to help me ?

There are text books, online guides, mark schemes for you to acknowledge what the examiner wants to see and there's a guy on Youtube who I find useful but opinions vary greatly: https://www.youtube.com/user/revisegcsehistory
Reply 2
Original post by Amanda.M

The part b questions are 7 marks I believe. In mark schemes it rewards 6 marks for two points mentioned, one with an explanation and one without. For the seventh mark you need to explain both points.

I've got no idea about the Sioux wars too - personally I don't think they'll come up so I'm not revising them... :colondollar: I don't understand how they could be included in a question to be honest.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Sulfur
The part b questions are 7 marks I believe. In mark schemes it rewards 6 marks for two points mentioned, one with an explanation and one without. For the seventh mark you need to explain both points.

I've got no idea about the Sioux wars too - personally I don't think they'll come up so I'm not revising them... :colondollar: I don't understand how they could be included in a question to be honest.

Actually, you're right. It appears (after inspecting the specification) that the sioux war isn't a necessity and is likely to not come up in the 2014 AQA GCSE exams for History. My history teacher is an examiner for AQA and he said that the only real thing we need to know regarding that specific part is Custer, the factors that led to the downfall of the 7th cavalry and what Custer did that motivated the arrogance of Custer and the collection of plains Indians by Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse.
Reply 4
Original post by Magistl
There are text books, online guides, mark schemes for you to acknowledge what the examiner wants to see and there's a guy on Youtube who I find useful but opinions vary greatly: https://www.youtube.com/user/revisegcsehistory

Right, thank you sure will check out the youtube channel ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest