The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cem101
naa my school only teach medical because its supposedly the easiest, i irk it. im a maths guy haha doing maths at uni. its just medical for the optional on unit 5. good luck with everything, im guessing hca work is something related to medicine ~:smile:

Oh Looool ! Sorry I got mixed up I thought you meant your doing it at University ^^; My bad!
Ahh I see, I would much rather prefer medical than astro though haha :P.. Atleast I'd think so
Haha I love maths too. Ohh I see, that sounds like fun :smile:
Yupp I understand now, good luck to you too, and yes it was :tongue:
I'm sure you'll be fine though, considering you you were only a few ums off last year :smile:
Reply 381
Original post by Starbarian
Could someone who knows where it is link it, I don't want to have to look through 19 pages :frown:

there's a search function, if you cant be bothered to help yourself its worth helping you.
Original post by Goods
''claree'' did a few days ago search and you'll find it

I couldn't find it - I did find a list of questions but not six-markers :tongue:
Original post by Big-Daddy
I couldn't find it - I did find a list of questions but not six-markers :tongue:

Where? I tried searching and couldn't find it either?
Original post by Big-Daddy

its maybe on page 3 or 4
Original post by constance2013
its maybe on page 3 or 4

Like I said - a list of loads of questions, not six-markers, as far as I can see
Reply 387
Original post by cem101
naa my school only teach medical because its supposedly the easiest, i irk it. im a maths guy haha doing maths at uni. its just medical for the optional on unit 5. good luck with everything, im guessing hca work is something related to medicine ~:smile:

I'm doing medical as well.

My teacher wanted to do turning points.
that has the least maths just glad I didn't have to do that
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402160799.665953.jpg

Could someone please explain this question? I can never get these ones correct!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kashagupta
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402160799.665953.jpg

Could someone please explain this question? I can never get these ones correct!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is the answer C. You would have to rotate the whole thing across the field to make sure it cuts the field lines, as it would then change the magnetic flux linkage, hence creating an induced current and producing an induced emf.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmy20002012
Is the answer C. You would have to rotate the whole thing across the field to make sure it cuts the field lines, as it would then change the magnetic flux linkage, hence creating an induced current and producing an induced emf.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! So the field lines aren't cut the other ways?

I'm probably just losing the plot here and missing the painfully obvious, but how would you do these? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402162116.823494.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402162127.929839.jpg
(Ignore the working and sorry the second is lopsided haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm probably just losing the plot here and missing the painfully obvious, but how would you do these? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402162116.823494.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well for the second one, you know that V is proportional to (-)1/r, so you can see that V for the 4kg one will be 6J as r * 2---> v/2. Now just sub into W=M* delta v , where deta v is 6-3=3 and 4*3=12J

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where have you got those questions from because they don't look like questions from previous papers I've done?
Original post by Jimmy20002012
Well for the second one, you know that V is proportional to (-)1/r, so you can see that V for the 4kg one will be 6J as r * 2---> v/2. Now just sub into W=M* delta v , where deta v is 6-3=3 and 4*3=12J

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't it just mass multiplied by potential difference? Since that is just 4x3?
Stop it everyone. This is the mark scheme!

Q13. Near the surface of a planet the gravitational field strength is uniform and for two points, 10 m apart vertically, the gravitational potential difference is 3 J kg–1. How much work must be done in raising a mass of 4 kg vertically through 5 m?
A 3 J
B 6 J
C 12 J
D 15 J
Points 5 metres apart will have gravitational potential difference of 1.5 J kg–1.
4 kg are lifted so 6J work is done.
does anyone know of any exam solutions type websites for physics? using the mark scheme when I don't understand a question really doesn't help! :frown:
Original post by cc.taylor95
does anyone know of any exam solutions type websites for physics? using the mark scheme when I don't understand a question really doesn't help! :frown:

http://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/physics

thank you! :smile: but I meant one that shows how to get to an answer with worked solutions for past papers :smile:
Original post by mastermdc
Stop it everyone. This is the mark scheme!

Q13. Near the surface of a planet the gravitational field strength is uniform and for two points, 10 m apart vertically, the gravitational potential difference is 3 J kg–1. How much work must be done in raising a mass of 4 kg vertically through 5 m?
A3 J
B6 J
C 12 J
D15 J
Points 5 metres apart will have gravitational potential difference of 1.5 J kg–1.
4 kg are lifted so 6J work is done.

Surely the gravitational potential difference is 6 because V is proportional to 1/R, and the radius has decreased by 2, so potential must be doubled??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 399

Posted from TSR Mobile

[br]π2×6=3π[br]HINT:Whereistheparticlewhenitsmoved3πround the circle?[br][br]\dfrac{\pi}{2} \times 6 = 3 \pi[br]HINT: Where is the particle when it's moved 3 \pi \text{round the circle?}[br]

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending