The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jcarz
For question 3 part 4, you are right that it was a minus cosine, but wasn't it just 1 wave, since it said that the period was 1.2 seconds?

if the time period was 0.8s then in 1.2 s, thenre would have been one and a half waves i think :/
Original post by Mathsforlife
I did section A in like 35 mins, Found most of section B pretty nice aswell .. however only question I found hard was 6 marker! I mean I just could think. Im pretty sure I got rest of the paper right.

Yeah, I think I did well in B - probably 43 minimum
But A I have no idea how I did, It seemed like they gathered up all the hard ones from past papers, chucked a few of them in, and then came up with some new hard ones. There wasn't many that took me less than a minute :frown:
For Q4 part 1 did anyone else get C=6.1x10^-5 and use that to get R=4.9x10^5 in part 2???
Original post by Sciencefella
i disagree with the resistance... i got 4.9x10^5

Did you do 6 - 2.2 to get voltage across resistor .. i remember getting your answer when i initially forgot to do that!
Original post by Sciencefella
i disagree with the resistance... i got 4.9x10^5

I've re-done the workings elsewhere on the thread, did you take the capacitor voltage off 6.0?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Surf
Love the way you have to put '/sarcasm'!!!!

I hate the way exams are all down to one freaking day!

You don't understand how nice it feels to have someone else say that too.

I mean, it's ridiculous having the rest of your life resting on a single exam. It is by no means a true test of somones actual abilities.

I can imagine the conversation with UCL..

'.. But (insert name here), I promise you, I really am intelligent..'

*Looks at D grade in physics*

*Dies*
Original post by BigBadJFly
Yeah, I think I did well in B - probably 43 minimum
But A I have no idea how I did, It seemed like they gathered up all the hard ones from past papers, chucked a few of them in, and then came up with some new hard ones. There wasn't many that took me less than a minute :frown:

I thought A was really nice .. did it in like 35 mins!
Did you do 6 - 2.2 to get voltage across resistor .. i remember getting your answer when i initially forgot to do that!

I got R=-t/Cln(V/V0) using V as 2.2 and V0 as 6
guysssss we shouldn't be on here!! haha (I'm just as bad, I know :tongue:) I'm guessing most of you also do biology, which is on Friday!!! eeeeeekkkk!!! What's done is done, and lets go SMASH those other exams like we know we can!! PEACE!! (even though I'll probably come back on here in about 2 minutes) haha
What did people get for the question which had:
B) 12.5V
C) 33.3V
D) 37.5V (something like that).
Original post by bengoode1

This is exactly what I did
Original post by Sayonara
B) 12.5V
C) 33.3V

I put 37.5 but that was a complete guess.
I thought A was really nice .. did it in like 35 mins!

Much preferred B

In the last 4 section As I've done I got 23/25 in all of them, so hopefully I got at least 18 in this one :smile:
Original post by bengoode1
<br>
<br>Not sure what ur doing ... just use V=IR ... R is changing so u cant use that formula .. as RC is not a constant!
Original post by Big-Daddy
Should be gravitational and elastic potential energies as that's what they asked for. Should be E=F/(-3e) because I think the particle was negatively charged, though I'm not sure if it makes a difference - they asked for electric field strength AFAIK rather than magnitude of it, so it makes sense to take in the same direction as force.
4.1. capacitance should be given in F rather than microfarads, so your answer divided by 106.

And I am not very sure about your explanation in 3.2 or 3.3.

Personally my answer for 3.2 went well over the box - I couldn't get even close to fitting it in that little space. It may only be 2 marks but I have no idea what those two were for.

Yup 14mm sounds familiar.

I left the minus sign out as the field strength has nothing to do with the test charge in it, doubt it matters though tbh
Original post by Sayonara
B) 12.5V
C) 33.3V

I got 33.3 and im pretty sure its correct
worked out R0 using max voltage then did used it to work out rime constant then did an expenential using resistance and got like 900K ohms.
Original post by Bob296
what did everyone get for the displacement from point p on that circle question (section a)?

Definitely 1.6m, pi/2 for w, multiply by 6 seconds gives 3pi so the displacement was on the opposite side of the circle of radius (0.8m)
Original post by BigBadJFly
Much preferred B

In the last 4 section As I've done I got 23/25 in all of them, so hopefully I got at least 18 in this one :smile:

Which ones did u find hard? I feel like I got all 25 .. not sure tho
Original post by Davelittle
I've re-done the workings elsewhere on the thread, did you take the capacitor voltage off 6.0?

no but by doing the other way... and using the equation with e^-t/RC you get 4.9x10^5

Latest

Trending

Trending