The Student Room Group

How harsh is the dissertation marked ? Extremely Worried

I'm talking about a law dissertation. Since I submitted it last week I have realised I have about 6 typos. E.g i should have wrote English courts but wrote court. Missed 'and'out in one place. Also misquoted a legal test twice . I don't know why I didn't realise before, must have read it at least 5 times over :frown: :frown:

Also, I set up my dissertation so that each chapter starts on a new page but when it printed for some chapters there's a whole blank page then 3/4 of the page down , the chapter starts. I realised this before the deadline but it was already bound so I couldn't print another 70 pages off and some pages printed slightly wonky as in they weren't aligned but you cant tell unless you hold it up.

How much do you think I'll get knocked down for this ? I feel my dissertation is good but because of the errors I don't want to miss out on a 2.1 .... Feeling disappointed :frown:
I'm afraid we can't tell you - this is something specific to your uni, course and markers.

However, if it's any comfort, I also found a couple of typos in mine after it was handed in :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's too late to change things now so try not to worry. You will probably lose marks for spelling and presentation but you can still gain marks elsewhere for your actual content and analysis.
My cousin managed to get a 2.2 and he wrote his final dissertation on a bus on the way home from a football tour, using his friends as examples for things. He did some form of a science course... so I'm going to say you will be fine :smile:
Reply 4
It depends on the university but I'm in the same boat. No typo's but I've missed a couple of references in the bibliography and I missed up my figures.
Reply 5
I had a few typo's too! But it was too late to change anything. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending