The Student Room Group

Final Year Resit Fails

So, I'll keep it short, I'm in third year studying Marketing with Advertising. Right now im currently working on an assignment that is a "resubmission" because when the assignment was originally due, i didnt submit anything because i didnt do anything, its 2000 words due tomorrow at 4pm, i'm not particularly worried about this exact assignment because it is going somewhat well. However, this assignment, and the upcoming exams on the 16th and 18th of August, (one of which i have done some revision for but basically forgotten most of it) are all capped at 40% because they are resubmissions. I also only did 1,700 words of my 10,000 word dissertation that was due on the 31st of March, I managed to get a "personal circumstances" extension for this so I now have until April 2024 to complete it at full marks. My question is that say I fail these exams this week which is HIGHLY likely, will it just give me a grade of like a third class or do I have to wait until my dissertation submission date has passed? Basically, I feel it would be pointless working on my dissertation after my exams if they tell me that I failed them and achieved something like a mark of 30, i'd rather find out that I cant go any higher than a third and not still work on my dissertation or do I have to submit something in order for them to grade me?
If you don’t get the module passes/credits to 360 across your degree then you won’t be awarded a 3rd. You’ll either be awarded an Ordinary (unclassified) degree (for 300-355 credits passed) or a Diploma of Higher Education/DipHE (for 240-295 credits passed).

Without knowing the weighting of the exams/resubmissions you think you’ll fail it’s hard to know which situation you’re looking at. You need to work out the number of credits you have now and how many you could have if you resubmit and pass your dissertation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending