The Student Room Group

If I make a Firm choice, can I change my mind abut going?

Basically I'm not sure whether I'm actually going to uni this year, even if I get the grades as I think I may take a gap year and reapply for a different subject next year. I'm not 100% yet though. If I make an offer my firm, am I still able to not go, even if I achieve the grades, and then just apply again to uni for 2015 entry? Thanks for your help! :smile:
Yeah that's fine :smile: just bear in mind if you reapply to the same places there's no guarantee they'll accept you next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by nich01as
Basically I'm not sure whether I'm actually going to uni this year, even if I get the grades as I think I may take a gap year and reapply for a different subject next year. I'm not 100% yet though. If I make an offer my firm, am I still able to not go, even if I achieve the grades, and then just apply again to uni for 2015 entry? Thanks for your help! :smile:

They can't force you to go. You can turn down your firm choice and take a gap year instead if you want.
Reply 3
Ah good, thank you very much guys! :smile:
Original post by nich01as

Have you applied for student finance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by prettyugly
Have you applied for student finance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That shouldn't matter - student finance only kicks in properly once your uni has confirmed your physical presence with the student loan company. If you decide to take a gap year then your student finance won't be activated so you can just reapply the following year.
Original post by PQ
That shouldn't matter - student finance only kicks in properly once your uni has confirmed your physical presence with the student loan company. If you decide to take a gap year then your student finance won't be activated so you can just reapply the following year.

Ooh ok thanks for clearing that up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending