The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier Accommodation 2014 (Bainfield)

Hi guys, thought I would make a thread for people staying in the Bainfield halls this year to give people a hand finding others in their flat etc. I'm staying in Carlton Hill House, block 12 flat 9. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RyanM1
Hi guys, thought I would make a thread for people staying in the Bainfield halls this year to give people a hand finding others in their flat etc. I'm staying in Carlton Hill House, block 12 flat 9. :smile:

Where are you from? I am from Norway and won't have an unconditional offer until june/july and therefore can't apply for accommodation until then.

How did you apply this early?
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Reply 2
Original post by CamDanielsen
Where are you from? I am from Norway and won't have an unconditional offer until june/july and therefore can't apply for accommodation until then.

How did you apply this early?

I'm from Scotland. I have an unconditional offer as I took a gap year this year. If you have an unconditional offer applications were open from 22 April.
Reply 3
I'm in 1/18 braid hill house :smile: can't wait to go!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
1/13 braidhill, im a returner :smile:
I won't get my unconditional offer until about june so I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on what the application for accommodation is like?

Do you get to specifically choose which halls you want to stay in or are you just put where they tell you?
Reply 6
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
I won't get my unconditional offer until about june so I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on what the application for accommodation is like?

Do you get to specifically choose which halls you want to stay in or are you just put where they tell you?

Hey Vlad,

The accommodation process allows you to specify whether you want a standard or en-suite apartment.

There are also studio en-suite flats, but these are only available for very mature students that meet certain criteria, as there are only a handful.

The price range is £103 (standard), £122 (en-suite, cluster) and £133 (en-suite, studio) per week.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Original post by Internaut
Hey Vlad,

The accommodation process allows you to specify whether you want a standard or en-suite apartment.

There are also studio en-suite flats, but these are only available for very mature students that meet certain criteria, as there are only a handful.

The price range is £103 (standard), £122 (en-suite, cluster) and £133 (en-suite, studio) per week.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks for replying!

Do you get to specify whether you would like mixed or single gender?
Reply 8
Yeah, you can specify that on the form also. They will try to accommodate you as best they can, if available. Naturally, this isn't guaranteed.
I'm block 10 flat 10 in Arthur's seat house, no luck finding flatmates...
I'm applying hopefully some point this week, I hope they are quick in offering me a place :O
Original post by Hoolet96
I'm in 1/18 braid hill house :smile: can't wait to go!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you studying?

Im applying for Bainfield at some point this week!! So excited :smile:)))
Reply 12
My confirmation says 'Mixed Gender Flat: False', does this mean I'm going to be in a Mixed Gender Flat or Single Gender Flat?
Craiglockhart Hill House Block2 flat 15 :smile:
Carlton hill, block 12 flat 10 :smile:)
Reply 15
Carlton Hill, Block 12 Flat 8
Original post by cd628664
Carlton Hill, Block 12 Flat 8

Ooooooh we're close!! :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by itsshannyok
Carlton hill, block 12 flat 10 :smile:)

I'm in that flat, 12/10 Carlton Hill house!!!! :biggrin:
What's your course?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Amy412
I'm in that flat, 12/10 Carlton Hill house!!!! :biggrin:
What's your course?

omg!!! were going to be flat mates hahaha!
Original post by itsshannyok
omg!!! were going to be flat mates hahaha!

Also I'm doing Animal Biology :smile: what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest