The Student Room Group

An ok grade to get in yr9?

So my school started GCSE in yr9 and in my end of year assessment (we have been doing 2010 GCSE past papers) I have been getting C's and some B's. We only got 2 weeks notice of our end of year exams and had to revise for 15 different exams so is a C ok in year 9?
I'm 14 btw
Yes, well done :smile:

In year 9, I was getting Cs. In year 10, I started getting a few more Bs, and then now I'm getting As and A*s in year 11. I'm assuming you haven't been taught all of the GCSE content yet either. A C is good regardless, but don't worry, you're doing really well :smile:
C's and B's are amazing in year 9, keep up the work! :smile:
Original post by ryanroks1
Yes, well done :smile:

In year 9, I was getting Cs. In year 10, I started getting a few more Bs, and then now I'm getting As and A*s in year 11. I'm assuming you haven't been taught all of the GCSE content yet either. A C is good regardless, but don't worry, you're doing really well :smile:

Thanks! I'm just a bit worried because the C was in science and will decide if I do double or triple science. If you average out my scone grade through the year then it's around a B so will I get triple science?
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
C's and B's are amazing in year 9, keep up the work! :smile:

Thanks! I wasn't so sure but u made me happy 😊
Original post by Purple_Wizard
Thanks! I'm just a bit worried because the C was in science and will decide if I do double or triple science. If you average out my scone grade through the year then it's around a B so will I get triple science?

People in my school did triple with Cs. I got a B and chose to do double because I wanted to do 4 subjects (in my school triple counts as an option block). I'm sure B is fine for triple :smile:
Be proud. Some people in my class can't even get a C or scrape a C despite being in top set.

Once you learn the entire GCSE syllabus for your subject then you will find it a breeze, especially with science! Also, if you're worried about not doing Triple Science, speak to your teacher or your Head of Faculty and I'm sure they will sit you down and explain whether or not you'll do it. Either way, with that grade you're doing Triple Science I would think.
Thanks
Reply 8
Really, you're doing fine. Just think; I have a whole 2 years before I sit my exams.

At my school we started unit 1 science in yr 9 - I got okish grades then my GCSE target went up. Not nice.

Don't worry you'll have ages to revise + go over the stuff you don't understand.

Quick Reply

Latest