The Student Room Group

GCE Applied Business Edexcel AS revisions, how?!

So I've got my AS exams coming up for business studies, and I have no idea how to revise :/ I mean I also have psychology and economics, but I've got a workbook for economics and i just revise from the text book for psychology, but I've been doing coursework all year for business and since about a month ago, the only exam related work was a few power points and some information about Sainsbury's.

So basically what i'm asking is how do I revise for Business studies when I only have about 20 slides of information and some past papers, so how would you revise for this subject with such little information?

Much appreciated :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by ibygtr
So I've got my AS exams coming up for business studies, and I have no idea how to revise :/ I mean I also have psychology and economics, but I've got a workbook for economics and i just revise from the text book for psychology, but I've been doing coursework all year for business and since about a month ago, the only exam related work was a few power points and some information about Sainsbury's.

So basically what i'm asking is how do I revise for Business studies when I only have about 20 slides of information and some past papers, so how would you revise for this subject with such little information?

Much appreciated :biggrin:

Heyyy there..

I’m glad someone started a thread.. I was thinking aboutstarting one.. but anyways… J

Yh.. I’m doing psychology, and maths and business bothclash.. in a similar position buddy! :biggrin:

But basically.. just learn key points and do past paperquestions.. You’ve got to be able to apply the theory to the context given - THAT'S THE WHOLE IDEA.

Have you done any past papers yet? I’ve done around abouttwo one I did and marked myself, giving myself a low grade, and another as a mock, which myteacher marked and I got roughly a B. For the mock, I didn’t revise but I sortof made up answers that were relevant if you get what I mean?

My teacher told me that some answers students write arestill valid but maybe not on the mark scheme.. so sometimes even if you sortago off on a tangent, as long as it’s valid, you still get marks.

Also another tip from my teacher - when aswerieng questions, mak sure you put yourself in that position. So if the Question is about a partnersip between two owners, putyourself in one of the partner’s position. Imagine it’s your business.

Hope that helps...?

Is there a topic(s) that you don't understand? Maybe I could try to help...?

Reply 2
Do you think the examiner people will look at the businesses we've written down? like phone the up to see what we wrote about them were correct?
Reply 3
No not really...
like if you used big, well known companies then obviously you had to be on the right track..
they'll suss that out...
but with smaller, not very established businesses like corner shops, then no..
not to worry about that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest