The Student Room Group

Rating the opposite sex

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alow
Sure thing bud.
If you don't want to believe me, then more fool you.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I disagree. Most couples I see are around the same levels of attractiveness, there are exceptions though

I "rate" them but not really in numbers.

I rate you
,___,
[ O.0]
/)__)
--''--''--

Not a number. Just a series of symbols from which I create a number/10. You are a solid 6.5/10. Or Gullagabalushoi/Fermenter.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Amelia-Babe
I dont rate any guy. Its just a yes or no. Simple as that .

Same, I'm pretty simplistic when it comes to that. I either think someones average, below and above, I don't really do the whole rating thing with numbers, I don't get the point.
Original post by Donald Trump
I rate you
,___,
[ O.0]
/)__)
--''--''--

Not a number. Just a series of symbols from which I create a number/10. You are a solid 6.5/10. Or Gullagabalushoi/Fermenter.

What?
Reply 24
Original post by tammie123
Same, I'm pretty simplistic when it comes to that. I either think someones average, below and above, I don't really do the whole rating thing with numbers, I don't get the point.

This.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What?

You and I share the belief that assigning a numerical value to one's looks is sexist. Therefore I use a system whereby I attach characters, such as hyphens and asterisk, to rate one's looks.

It's quite easy to convert to a number really; rendering it almost useless. All you have to do is:

Sieve the flour and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the mixture.

Break in the egg and stir to make a breadcrumby mix.

In a jug add 1/3 of a pint of milk and top up with water to make 1/2 a pint (200ml milk, 100ml water) - this makes a lovely light batter. Add the milk and the water mix bit by bit, beating constantly to avoid lumps.
*if you have a food processor just throw all the ingredients in and zap until smooth!

Pop a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add a large knob of butter (roughly 50g) and melt.

Make love to a young antelope and shave it's vagina, using the hair to fashion an elaborate hat. The kind of headwear a young black boy would wear in post-war St. Louis, Missouri.

Using a ladle pour a spoonful of the pancake's semen into the hot pan and swirl to get a full covering - cook for about 1 min each side (it's ready when it's easy to flip over).

Serve immediately with sugar and lemon or other exciting toppings.

(edited 9 years ago)
I only have two ratings: hot and not hot.
Original post by Donald Trump
You and I share the belief that assigning a numerical value to one's looks is sexist. Therefore I use a system whereby I attach characters, such as hyphens and asterisk, to rate one's looks.

It's quite easy to convert to a number really; rendering it almost useless. All you have to do is:

Sieve the flour and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the mixture.

Break in the egg and stir to make a breadcrumby mix.

In a jug add 1/3 of a pint of milk and top up with water to make 1/2 a pint (200ml milk, 100ml water) - this makes a lovely light batter. Add the milk and the water mix bit by bit, beating constantly to avoid lumps.
*if you have a food processor just throw all the ingredients in and zap until smooth!

Pop a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add a large knob of butter (roughly 50g) and melt.

Make love to a young antelope and shave it's vagina, using the hair to fashion an elaborate hat.

Using a ladle pour a spoonful of the pancake's semen into the hot pan and swirl to get a full covering - cook for about 1 min each side (it's ready when it's easy to flip over).

Serve immediately with sugar and lemon or other exciting toppings.

I don't actually think it's sexist, just too simplistic and not very descriptive
I don't actually think it's sexist, just too simplistic and not very descriptive

True. I find it both sexist and simplistic. Also, racist. And transphobic at times.

I like to tap into my inner Fitzgerald to describe beautiful women such as:

My description of the above woman (bonus points if you can guess who she is):
You're brown hair is like blonde hair that has been died a dark and sexual brown. I like your femdom videos. Particularly the one with the black guy having you peg him and call you Mistress Starr. Also, you've nice titties and are up for anything.
I'd like to say I don't 'rate' guys on looks but yeah, lol :s-smilie:
I can tell if someone's hot, cute, adorable or not but not on a number scale. And attraction is a pretty messed up thing in my case
Original post by Ndella
No, I don't have some terminator-styled brain where it instantly rates anyone of the opposite gender. I don't really believe in those things.

Lmao. :lol:

Same really. I dislike ratings with numbers too. Would rather use words.
Reply 32
Yes I always rate them. I'm a 2.5 or 3 myself. Anything less than 6 is just bad.
Original post by kayleighisonfire
Do you rate the opposite sex on looks?

Apparently guys aim for girls that are two ratings higher than themselves and girls go two less. Do you agree?

I rate people in an objective sense rather than how attractive they are to me if that makes sense. E.g. I might find someone who I know to be a 7 more attractive that someone I know to be an 8.

I just go for the girls that I want

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by donald trump
you and i share the belief that assigning a numerical value to one's looks is sexist. Therefore i use a system whereby i attach characters, such as hyphens and asterisk, to rate one's looks.

sieve the flour and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the mixture.

break in the egg and stir to make a breadcrumby mix.

in a jug add 1/3 of a pint of milk and top up with water to make 1/2 a pint (200ml milk, 100ml water) - this makes a lovely light batter. Add the milk and the water mix bit by bit, beating constantly to avoid lumps.

pop a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add a large knob of butter (roughly 50g) and melt.

make love to a young antelope and shave it's vagina, using the hair to fashion an elaborate hat. The kind of headwear a young black boy would wear in post-war st. Louis, missouri.

using a ladle pour a spoonful of the pancake's semen into the hot pan and swirl to get a full covering - cook for about 1 min each side (it's ready when it's easy to flip over).

serve immediately with sugar and lemon or other exciting toppings.

hahaha
+1
lol
Reply 35
I do it occasionally but I think that there is a definite etiquette to be observed:

If the idea of members of the opposite sex doing the same thing makes uncomfortable - don't do it (no double standards).

Be discrete when talking about such things - anything that's said stays in the room.

Don't do it in a deliberate attempt to spite people.

Clarify whether its purely on attractiveness or attractiveness + personality beforehand.

Don't be upset if you receive a low score ("live by the sword, die by the sword" etc).

If you talk about such things in mixed groups (or indeed same-sex groups), don't rate anyone who is actually present.

I'm not particularly harsh in my rating, most people fall in the 5-8 range. Perhaps words would be better but I'm afraid my vocabulary is quite crude.
(edited 9 years ago)
Where? In what context? ... When I'm on the street with my mate we'll say "oh yeah she's nice". But when I'm in a nightclub, or whatever, then I'm usually too drunk to consider a "rating".

Getting to know a girl is the best though; personality always wins.
Original post by kayleighisonfire
Apparently guys aim for girls that are two ratings higher than themselves and girls go two less. Do you agree?

I would like you to reference this claim please.
Reply 38
Original post by Eloades11
I would like you to reference this claim please.

I would if I could find it again, I saw it a while ago.
I don't really rate them but I know when I find a girl physically attractive straight away.

Quick Reply

Latest