The Student Room Group

AQA politics unit 1 exam 20/5/2014

Hey guys was wondering how you were feeling about the exam and if you had any useful or good little statistics or facts the examiner would like. Also how are you'll feeling about the exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've got this exam tomorrow, feeling pretty nervous about it, especially for the 25 markers as I feel I'll run out of things to say. Some good stats to know are key turnout figures I guess.
Reply 2
I've got this exam tomorrow, feeling nvervous too! Not sure why but I feel more tense about the 5markers than anything else:P Goodluck!(:
Got the Exam tomorrow as well so scared. Feel like haven't revised enough. Any predictions about what will come up for 10 and 25 marks.
Reply 4
I hope internal party divisions comes up, both past and present as that's the only thing I think I fully know...
Got this exam tomorrow to! Anybody got any ideas on the 25 mark questions for pressure groups or democracy? Good luck:smile:
All of me is hoping a question on AMS doesn't appear. I'm hoping for something along the lines of Closed Regional Lists, third parties, turnout, impact of media on participation or something along those lines.
Reply 7
How did everyone find it?

I feel like it went pretty badly for me tbh. I did participation and voting systems, i really didn't like the participation questions. I had no idea what pluralism meant and I struggled with the 25marker. Voting system went ok though.
Reply 8
I did first and second topics... thought exam was pretty kind to be fair. I'm confident I did fairly well overall!
Reply 9
Really liked the questions, I did the first two topics! But I know I messed up on the Electoral systems 25 marks:frown: but still hoping for the best
Reply 10
Can someone remind on what the exact wording of the question for the 25 marker on electoral systems was?
Reply 11
Original post by umieee
Really liked the questions, I did the first two topics! But I know I messed up on the Electoral systems 25 marks:frown: but still hoping for the best

What makes you think you messed it up??
Original post by Caleb44
Can someone remind on what the exact wording of the question for the 25 marker on electoral systems was?

Not sure on the exact wording but it was something like,
"the case for retaining FPTP in uk general elections is overwhelming. " discuss
Original post by Tremmel
I did first and second topics... thought exam was pretty kind to be fair. I'm confident I did fairly well overall!

Yes i agree they were fair which makes it all the more annoying that i seemed to struggle answering them :frown: but well done on doing well!
I was actually really happ with this exam i did the electoral system questions and the pressure groups question but i didnt know what the definition was
Reply 15
I did the first and second question......... AHHHHHHHH I want to cry.. pressure group question I sort of looked at it and was like WTH IS THAT DEFINITION! :|
out of 10.. it was a 7/10 exam no?
Reply 16
Original post by Tremmel
What makes you think you messed it up??

The word 'retained' confused me, so I argued the other way we were supposed to e.g. The FPTP system is undemocratic and should be retained, only because for some reason I thought retained meant change and not kept the same..
Reply 17
Original post by malakaya
I did the first and second question......... AHHHHHHHH I want to cry.. pressure group question I sort of looked at it and was like WTH IS THAT DEFINITION! :|
out of 10.. it was a 7/10 exam no?

What was in pressure groups? I didnt look at the rest of the questions
The 25 mark questions were amazingly simple thank goodness :smile:

For the retaining FPTP question, I just wrote an argument for/against FPTP (unrepresentative/simple and transparent/over-exaggeration of smaller parties etc ... the normal) and then used the source in my conclusion by saying that:

"As the 2011 Referendum showed, the British public overwhelmingly voted against electoral reform. Electoral reform is only topic for discussion amongst the "chattering classes and political anoraks", and so there is strong support for the case of retaining FPTP ..."

Do you guys think I'll be marked down for using the source instead of my own knowledge??
Reply 19
Although I did that question.. the word retained was what made the entire question confusing because I did not know if it meant change or keep :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending