The Student Room Group

On period, painful urge to pee

So I literally just woke up in the middle of the night with the most awful urge to pee. So I went and used the toilet and a bit came out but It was still really urgent and none would come put apart from period blood would sort of just drip into the toilet. What's wrong with me!?
Could it be TSS? I use tampons btw.
Ouch sounds icky

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
I just went to the toilet and my wee came out cloudy with a touch of blood. Oh god please help.
Just change your tampon, and usually when you're on your period your cervix expands slightly. That usually gives someone the urge to pee, I'm sure it's just that so no worries darling c:
Reply 4
Original post by Pardon Me... >:)
Just change your tampon, and usually when you're on your period your cervix expands slightly. That usually gives someone the urge to pee, I'm sure it's just that so no worries darling c:

I'm not using my tampon at the mo. I take it out at night.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I just went to the toilet and my wee came out cloudy with a touch of blood. Oh god please help.

Hi. You might have a UTI (urinary tract infection). See the doctor - they might ask for a sample, or treat you for a UTI (antibiotics) based on your symptoms.
I'm not using my tampon at the mo. I take it out at night.

Okay c: well it could still be your cervix expanding, though that other dude may be correct. A UTI, if you don't want to go to the doctor then wait until your period ends, if that same feeling continues then maybe you should go. If it stops then yes, cervix expanding. Would be wise to go now though, just in case
Reply 7
I think it may be a UTI as it burns when I do go and I just went and my urine was a deep red. What should I do as my GP isn't open until Tuesday I think?
I think it may be a UTI as it burns when I do go and I just went and my urine was a deep red. What should I do as my GP isn't open until Tuesday I think?

The only thing you can do :
Reply 9
The only thing you can do :

??
??

Sorry just trying to lighten the mood XD

Drink plenty of water
Sorry just trying to lighten the mood XD

Drink plenty of water

NHS symptom checker says I need to go to the doctor ASAP and I just found this forum post by someone who literally has the exact same problem as me, including the night bit that went the same day and was told that because it came on so fast it was serious and if they had left it longer they could have gotten kidney damage.

Guess it's ER for me.
Tell me how it goes, best of wishes
Reply 13
:curious:
So it's okay to publicly discuss your vagina malfunctions now.
Oh okay.
Original post by ApeMob
:curious:
So it's okay to publicly discuss your vagina malfunctions now.
Oh okay.

Anonymously on the health forum.
NHS symptom checker says I need to go to the doctor ASAP and I just found this forum post by someone who literally has the exact same problem as me, including the night bit that went the same day and was told that because it came on so fast it was serious and if they had left it longer they could have gotten kidney damage.

Guess it's ER for me.

That's the thing with leaving UTIs. The infection can sometimes go further up the urinary tract. Your infection is possibly in the bladder or a bit above. Try to get seen by a doctor to hopefully get some medication quickly to resolve the problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Okay c: well it could still be your cervix expanding, though that other dude may be correct. A UTI, if you don't want to go to the doctor then wait until your period ends, if that same feeling continues then maybe you should go. If it stops then yes, cervix expanding. Would be wise to go now though, just in case

I am extremely dubious that this has anything to do with an expanding cervix - one because I see no way that this would cause urge, two because theres no way it would cause blood and cloudyness, and three because it's never happened before to OP. Perhaps you are thinking of the effect that changing oestrogen:tongue:rogesterone has on smooth muscle structures (like the bladder)...?

Mostly likely a UTI - drink lots of water and cranberry juice/tablets, if it doesn't clear in a day go to the GP (else the GP will send you away to try the above before giving you antibiotics - or they should do at least). Although, if you're unwell (temp, serious pain) then go straight to GP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending