The Student Room Group

Secondary school leaver, apprenticeship or college?

Recently,I have been extremely upset as I am unsure what step to take next after I have completed my GCSEs and left secondary school. I have been to interviews and have secured a few options however; I am very unsure what pathway to take. I need some advice as to which one would be most beneficial.

My options:

Apprenticeship to gain a Level 2 NVQ certificate in business administration with the potential to do Level 3. All learning will take place at work not at college.

Go to college to study:
BTEC national diploma in interactive media - Creative media (LEVEL 3) - UCAS points collected from this and is equivalent to a certain amount of A-levels.

BTEC extended diploma in business (LEVEL 3) - UCAS points collected from this and is equivalent to a certain amount of A-levels.

PLEASE HELP!! I need opinions!!
Original post by celiag123
Recently,I have been extremely upset as I am unsure what step to take next after I have completed my GCSEs and left secondary school. I have been to interviews and have secured a few options however; I am very unsure what pathway to take. I need some advice as to which one would be most beneficial.

My options:

Apprenticeship to gain a Level 2 NVQ certificate in business administration with the potential to do Level 3. All learning will take place at work not at college.

Go to college to study:
BTEC national diploma in interactive media - Creative media (LEVEL 3) - UCAS points collected from this and is equivalent to a certain amount of A-levels.

BTEC extended diploma in business (LEVEL 3) - UCAS points collected from this and is equivalent to a certain amount of A-levels.

PLEASE HELP!! I need opinions!!

I would say collage it really helps you grow there is a tone of support you are with people your own age. The only down side is that you don't get sued but you can always get a part time job . You seem to have an ambition to get a level 3 qualification and the best way to do that is thought a collage and uni the collage should walk you through the application process and on 2/3 years you cold be one of the people on the university life there'd fretting about accommodation and freshers week ect so go to collage an do the Btec
It depends how you best learn and I dont know much about business side of apprenticeships but im aiming for an apprenticeship in accountancy when i finish A levels. Try emailing different companies that are based around the type of job you want and ask would they prefer someone who goes through an apprenticeship with experience on the job or someone who went through college. A lot of companies are eager to help get people into their field so will be willing to help and this sets you up for possibilities of future jobs since theyve had contact with you.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending