The Student Room Group

Thoughts about my final year of Secondary School

I am currently in year 11 with about 6 months until GCSEs begin. I used to think that it would take decades until my GCSEs began but now that its coming closer and I am forced to revise more regularly to catch up, I feel that my time here is going quicker than I thought. Personally, I love my year and enjoyed the 5 years that I’ve been with them. I have a ton of friends and people I talk to, it is rarely ever dull. I am not ready to leave this place and I know for a fact that I am not ready for college/sixth form. I don’t think that any place would have the same atmosphere as secondary. I’ll also miss a lot of friends since I know that we will eventually drift apart after the end of secondary. I often look back at the past few years and the things that I’ve experienced then and find it hard to realise that this is my last year.

Anyone else once experienced this or is currently feeling the same?
Reply 1
Original post by Rmnz92
I am currently in year 11 with about 6 months until GCSEs begin. I used to think that it would take decades until my GCSEs began but now that its coming closer and I am forced to revise more regularly to catch up, I feel that my time here is going quicker than I thought. Personally, I love my year and enjoyed the 5 years that I’ve been with them. I have a ton of friends and people I talk to, it is rarely ever dull. I am not ready to leave this place and I know for a fact that I am not ready for college/sixth form. I don’t think that any place would have the same atmosphere as secondary. I’ll also miss a lot of friends since I know that we will eventually drift apart after the end of secondary. I often look back at the past few years and the things that I’ve experienced then and find it hard to realise that this is my last year.

Hi, i’m in year 12 now and i went to a separate college to ALL my friends and i wouldn’t worry about it at all. Of course you’re going to miss your friends. I was literally broken inside when we left, i had the same exact thoughts but i promise you it does get better! But honestly just make the most of it right now because you will definitely miss all the memories. My biggest regret ever was COMPLAINING ABOUT GOING TO SECONDARY SCHOOL. like i really took it for granted. So don’t do the same. Actually enjoy school to it’s fullest. And by the time you’ll be ready to move to college.
It was worse for me tbh as we had missed most of our year 10/11 experience in lockdown so it wasn’t the greatest farewell :frown: i had no prom either. But it does get better don’t worry!
Hope this helped.
Reply 2
Original post by Rmnz92

I feel u rn tomorrow is my leavers assembly and then I am on study leave only going into school for exams how did u manage to deal with what u feel and how long did it take for the feeling to pass?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending