The Student Room Group

Aeronautical Engineering Apprenticeships

Hi,

I'm looking for an apprenticeship in aeronautical engineering that's a Level 2-3+ course and for school leavers. Does anyone know of any currently available?

Thanks,
Ben
Most of the 'good' apprenticeships get advertised about October/November time. The most popular ones may only be advertised for a few days as they close once they receive enough applicants so you do need to be keeping an eye out for them. If you are already a leaver then you may have left it too late for one this year, but if you are talking about 2024 then you've timed it well. You need to be regularly looking at sites like:
https://www.ucas.com/apprenticeships
They list them when they become available. Be ready with your CV, I would suggest applying for one or two even if they are not 100% what you are looking for just to get some exposure to the questions that are asked as when the one you want comes up you're not starting from scratch.
Most importantly, be yourself and show enthusiasm for the role - if you've got some practical experience in the subject then even better... Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by BeingBoring
Most of the 'good' apprenticeships get advertised about October/November time. The most popular ones may only be advertised for a few days as they close once they receive enough applicants so you do need to be keeping an eye out for them. If you are already a leaver then you may have left it too late for one this year, but if you are talking about 2024 then you've timed it well. You need to be regularly looking at sites like:
https://www.ucas.com/apprenticeships
They list them when they become available. Be ready with your CV, I would suggest applying for one or two even if they are not 100% what you are looking for just to get some exposure to the questions that are asked as when the one you want comes up you're not starting from scratch.
Most importantly, be yourself and show enthusiasm for the role - if you've got some practical experience in the subject then even better... Good luck!

I'm looking at school leavers which is what's worrying me as I cannot get into college.
Original post by iambenji
I'm looking at school leavers which is what's worrying me as I cannot get into college.

All I can suggest is to keep an eye on the sites that advertise apprenticeships and see if anything crops up, but as most will commence in September which is only a week or so away I have to say I think it is unlikely that you'll find one now. You need a plan 'B', you can apply for an apprenticeship for the 2024 start, and some do start in January so there may be some that come up soon. You just need to keep an eye on the sites and see what crops up. I wish you all the best, apprenticeships are great - my son is in his 3rd year of one with a large aerospace company and they are well worth getting onto.
Reply 4
All I can suggest is to keep an eye on the sites that advertise apprenticeships and see if anything crops up, but as most will commence in September which is only a week or so away I have to say I think it is unlikely that you'll find one now. You need a plan 'B', you can apply for an apprenticeship for the 2024 start, and some do start in January so there may be some that come up soon. You just need to keep an eye on the sites and see what crops up. I wish you all the best, apprenticeships are great - my son is in his 3rd year of one with a large aerospace company and they are well worth getting onto.

Is it okay to apply for a 2024 January one? I'm unsure how it works and if I need to be in some form of education by September.
Is it okay to apply for a 2024 January one? I'm unsure how it works and if I need to be in some form of education by September.

There is no restriction about having to be at school when applying for apprenticeships, there are many examples of people applying for them years after leaving school.
Reply 6
There is no restriction about having to be at school when applying for apprenticeships, there are many examples of people applying for them years after leaving school.

Thank you! I've applied for three so far.
Thank you! I've applied for three so far.

Good luck! Just make sure that any you interview for are proper Apprenticeships and they will enroll you into college or university for a qualification from day 1. We saw a great many (usually with smaller companies) that were 'pretend' apprenticeships which were just about getting young persons in as cheap employees, there was no formal training or qualification promised, just vague statements that if you proved you were good enough then you'd have an opportunity in the future to do it - in reality these are empty promises. I personally do not think that these should be allowed, but you just need to be a bit wary and do not accept an offer from one of them as they will just waste one or two years of your life...
Reply 8
Good luck! Just make sure that any you interview for are proper Apprenticeships and tThank hey will enroll you into college or university for a qualification from day 1. We saw a great many (usually with smaller companies) that were 'pretend' apprenticeships which were just about getting young persons in as cheap employees, there was no formal training or qualification promised, just vague statements that if you proved you were good enough then you'd have an opportunity in the future to do it - in reality these are empty promises. I personally do not think that these should be allowed, but you just need to be a bit wary and do not accept an offer from one of them as they will just waste one or two years of your life...

I really appreciate all your advice, thank you!
Reply 9
Hi I've been applying for aeronautical engineering degrees since April and I found a lot on Indeed and LinkedIn mainly. I also found quite a few by just searching "aircraft maintenance engineering apprenticeships" online. I think the deadline has past for most of the ones I've applied for but it's still worth looking

hope this helped!

Hi,

I'm looking for an apprenticeship in aeronautical engineering that's a Level 2-3+ course and for school leavers. Does anyone know of any currently available?

Thanks,
Ben

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending