The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by holyghostofslick
What kind of loan fee do you get for Courtois? And what wages is he on

It could easily cost you £10 million to make Cech the number 2- is Courtois that much better?

Courtois gets 3M a year in euros, which roughly translates to £47000 per week. But he'll obviously ask for more.

What do you mean as in it'll cost 10M to make Cech the no.13? Courtois is easily worth £25M+ we're in a weird situation, I think we should just get him to sign a new contract. I don't mind Schwarzer as the no.13. Cech is too good to be a backup, in fact we could probably loan him out to Atlético, although they have Sergio Asenjo and bought a new goalkeeper.
Original post by Zürich

is history something you actually pride yourself on? As a fellow arsenal fan i dont give a **** about it and i don't understand why anyone would. Mentioning history just screams an inferiority complex and success in the present is what actually matters. As a disillusioned arsenal fan i might have to make the swap to chelsea myself soon i don't know if i can become one of the zurichs of the world who has to harp on about history and marble halls due to the lack of success/progress at the club
Original post by baconbutty
is history something you actually pride yourself on? As a fellow arsenal fan i dont give a **** about it and i don't understand why anyone would. Mentioning history just screams an inferiority complex and success in the present is what actually matters. As a disillusioned arsenal fan i might have to make the swap to chelsea myself soon i don't know if i can become one of the zurichs of the world who has to harp on about history and marble halls due to the lack of success/progress at the club

Good point. You're a very level headed Arsenal fan bacon. Seems like you have a very realistic attitude towards football.
Original post by baconbutty

Of course.

Certain clubs are just inherently more prestigious.

Also, you're clearly no Arsenal fan.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Of course.

You seen the current WOB saying they want Wenger out already. Don't think baconbutty is trolling you guys personally.
Original post by Zürich
Of course.

Where does this prestige get you? Arsenal are the laughing stock of the league make no mistake about that. We could learn a LOT about how to be successful from chelsea for a start hiring a manager who knows how to use his resources. If i hear one more story about how we've salvaged some more marble to brag about our prestige over spending some money on players i think i'll join two of the best wenger-era players over at chelsea because it's become an absolute shambles.
Original post by jam278
No idea.

We're not at that level yet tbh.

Still would get smashed by Real with Fabregas in the team. We need more midfielders tbh. We have enough striker depth now though. Not at the level of City's strike force though but around Liverpools strike depth.

Also Oscar needs to improve. Schurrle is a useful player to have but he's not the kinda player who you see ripping up defences on his own. We need another Hazard(Willian maybe) and a world class no.10.

In fact, I don't think we'll win the title next season.

Tbh Real Madrid are stacked out. The Have Bale and Bale 1.5 (Cristiano Ronaldo) on the other wing, plus Di Maria. We have a better choice of strikers than Madrid and our defence is slightly more solid, but their overall attack ****s on us tbh.

I don't think they'd spank us with Fabregas in the team tbh. Add Fabregas and Costa, and we're arguably better than Atletico were least year.
Real Madrid look good because they can destroy small teams easily but they do not bode so well in bigger games. They nearly lost to Dortmund, plus Bayern Munich outplayed them (in my opinion) in 2012, and they didn't look too great against Atletico until after Ramos scored. Heck, they only got 1 point from 6 in the league games against them, while the Copa Del Rey match had 2 deflected goals and 2 penalties from their 5 goals scored over 2 legs.

Will Real Madrid beat us over 90 minutes? More likely than not
Score? 2-1 or 3-1 although we have more threat on the counter attack than Atletico. Mourinho probably knows how to stop Real Madrid more than anyone, although their new system may make things a little more difficult
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402007888.617349.jpg

Damn, this is crazy. This was our starting lineup in the CL final 2 years ago and only 4 players remain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Hopefully 3 players remain.

Guess who I want out of the 4. It's not Bertrand btw.
Original post by jam278
Hopefully 3 players remain.

Guess who I want out of the 4. It's not Bertrand btw.

Mikel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure if late but:

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has broken his silence on the Cesc Fabregas rumours.

He is quoted by Spanish paper Mundo Deportivo as saying:

"I think he's anxious to get out of Barcelona and very motivated by the idea of ​​returning to England. I believe it's pretty clear. I'm interested to study the situation."

"Either for us or for someone else, is not a subject for today, tomorrow or before the World Cup. We have to see how the situation evolves."
Original post by Skkc16
Schurrle has really grown on me just seems like such a nice guy and sensible if we consider this article which shouldn't really be a criticism imo. Hope he gets more games next season

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well when they make a reference to a players' wages specifically I saw it as a criticism. It's weird because I think if he was to be criticised it should be for not being truly independent with respect to cooking at his age. I was making pizzas when I was still in primary school...
Original post by jam278
Courtois gets 3M a year in euros, which roughly translates to £47000 per week. But he'll obviously ask for more.

What do you mean as in it'll cost 10M to make Cech the no.13? Courtois is easily worth £25M+ we're in a weird situation, I think we should just get him to sign a new contract. I don't mind Schwarzer as the no.13. Cech is too good to be a backup, in fact we could probably loan him out to Atlético, although they have Sergio Asenjo and bought a new goalkeeper.

I mean that when you consider the loan fee + the wages you wouldn't pay Courtois, it might save you £10 million loaning him out. On reflection though that's steep- no-one is going to pay £10 million for a keeper for a year.
The sh*ts from the Emirates,
They made him great,
But Fabregas,
He bought the bait,
He got the call from Abramovich,
And off he went to Stamford Bridge.
The gooners hate Cesc,
The gooners hate Cesc!
Original post by NDGAARONDI
Well when they make a reference to a players' wages specifically I saw it as a criticism. It's weird because I think if he was to be criticised it should be for not being truly independent with respect to cooking at his age. I was making pizzas when I was still in primary school...

Yeah it was definitely an unwarranted criticism; just because he has the money doesn't mean he should go around splashing it on ventures that he doesn't stand to gain a lot from.... you're right he definitely sounds like a mummy's boy. When you saying "making pizzas" do you mean putting frozen pizza in the oven? :wink:
Looks like Fabregas deal is all wrapped up.
http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/05/how-chelsea-might-park-the-bus-next-season-with-cesc-fabregas-and-diego-costa-4751291/

:smile: can't wait. Fabregas as a ball playing centre back next season, we need two more sweepers and we're sorted.

Metro are *****.
Original post by Enoxial
Looks like Fabregas deal is all wrapped up.

link?

Latest