The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Great finish, Remy is such a quality backup striker.

ffs now he's injured.
(edited 9 years ago)
Terry on the break, this is jokes man
Hopefully Costa to come back.
Hazard was just unplayable today...feeling good for the Utd game even without Costa.
Is Azpi banned for 1 or 3 games.
Reply 2925
Nice game. Could be more clinical.
Mourinho said Costa won't start, so naturally you can expect him to start
Original post by TornadoGR4
Mourinho said Costa won't start, so naturally you can expect him to start

Mourinho said he doesn't "expect" Costa to play, although he's also said he will talk to the medical team on Thursday, so yeah....it's more likely Drogba will start.
Costa will probably start, supposedly Terry has been saying that Costa has been fine from training and when he plays him he doesn't seem like he's injured.

He has not played in any game like he's injured or like he is struggling for fitness, yet Mourinho has been going on about a recurring hamstring problem, yes Diego Costa is injured. He will not play against United.
Real shame for Remy. He looked sharp in the early stages yesterday.
Original post by jam277
Costa will probably start, supposedly Terry has been saying that Costa has been fine from training and when he plays him he doesn't seem like he's injured.

He has not played in any game like he's injured or like he is struggling for fitness, yet Mourinho has been going on about a recurring hamstring problem, yes Diego Costa is injured. He will not play against United.

He's had 2 weeks off. He will probably start. Mourinho is definitely saving him
Original post by jam278
Is FM esque but we're not getting Filipe, nor do I want him for the price he'll be quoted at. A good attacking fullback is needed for our system, but it's not worth more than 15M when Azpi costed 8M.

Also **** Shaw. Don't want him either.

Personally don't think we're getting Fabregas though.

Dat prediction doe :P
United game is in 4 days so should be plenty of time for one of Costa or Remy to be fit.

Watching Drogba run yesterday :lol:
The Fabregas rumour made too much sense. I had a sneak feeling it was pretty much done as normally if Chelsea do want a player and he is available, we will get him unless we're competing with Real.
Tbh, I'm happy we got him instead of Kroos. That's probably because I've seen Fab play more and he's been in the Prem before.

If we had Tiago , I would've been much happier as it sorts out our depth. Tiago is an upgrade to Mikel and Ramires
Original post by 9MmBulletz
He's had 2 weeks off. He will probably start. Mourinho is definitely saving him

Yeah I know. I was being sarcastic.

Btw wrt Fabregas, most of it was me not being serious, the posts I said about Fabregas to qua e.g.(e.g. when Pique said on tv to del bosque that the deal was done at 33M euros) indicated that I knew we were getting him.

It was a good way to troll Arsenal fans, give them belief and watch us take it away. Same with the whole he's not good enough to be the main man for a side challenging for trophies and using his Barcelona days. Although I disagree that he is the main man for this side. He is the main man for our creativity from deep but we have enough in other positions(Hazard and Oscar for dynamic play in the hole, Costa for hold up) to benefit from Fab when he's not having the greatest game. He is important to stop small teams, if both him and Costa are out then we play like last seasons Chelsea. Hazard will improve in that regard but we'll be stumbling across the line for the most of it.

Original post by The Shed End
Dat prediction doe :P

If you read around what I was saying around the time, you'd realise why I was saying that. Especially with my comments on Fabregas. Filipe I was a little unsure but it was clear that Mourinho didn't trust Bertrand(hence sending a 24 year old fullback on loan to Aston Villa "to get games" in the first place yet he's giving Filipe decent gametime.

I'm a bit bored of trolling though so will be truthful from now on.

Will say this right now. We are going to beat United, they'll score 1 goal at best and I can see us scoring 3. They only have one day more of rest than us so CL fatigue isn't a problem and we spent majority of the game with possession of the ball so would not be tired. Same goes for United. Provided Costa is playing(which he will) and there are no major injuries until then we should be fine. Better in possession, better on the counter attack, more cohesive play, better defending. There is no position on the pitch where United are currently stronger than Chelsea. They're essentially on the level of our 2012-13 team, if not worse.

If Matic, Hazard, Ivanovic(due to no backup RB) and Fabregas are fit to play, there will be no problems.
(edited 9 years ago)
Jam makes a prediction and flukes it right - shoves it in your face for all of eternity
Jam makes a prediction everywhere and gets it wrong - 'I was trolling'
No-one bothers to call out Jam on his **** prediction record - continues as above
Someone bothers to call him out - 'I'm bored of trolling now, I'm going to be truthful'
Nobody gives a **** if he's trolling or truthful - makes up bull**** on stuff he doesn't know anything about or makes reference to supposedly calling Sturridge's success, to try and pique forum newcomer's attention
Forum newcomer somehow decides Jam is worth of attention and the cycle begins again
Original post by jam277
Yeah I know. I was being sarcastic.

Btw wrt Fabregas, most of it was me not being serious, the posts I said about Fabregas to qua e.g.(e.g. when Pique said on tv to del bosque that the deal was done at 33M euros) indicated that I knew we were getting him.

It was a good way to troll Arsenal fans, give them belief and watch us take it away. Same with the whole he's not good enough to be the main man for a side challenging for trophies and using his Barcelona days. Although I disagree that he is the main man for this side. He is the main man for our creativity from deep but we have enough in other positions(Hazard and Oscar for dynamic play in the hole, Costa for hold up) to benefit from Fab when he's not having the greatest game. He is important to stop small teams, if both him and Costa are out then we play like last seasons Chelsea. Hazard will improve in that regard but we'll be stumbling across the line for the most of it.

If you read around what I was saying around the time, you'd realise why I was saying that. Especially with my comments on Fabregas. Filipe I was a little unsure but it was clear that Mourinho didn't trust Bertrand(hence sending a 24 year old fullback on loan to Aston Villa "to get games" in the first place yet he's giving Filipe decent gametime.

I'm a bit bored of trolling though so will be truthful from now on.

Will say this right now. We are going to beat United, they'll score 1 goal at best and I can see us scoring 3. They only have one day more of rest than us so CL fatigue isn't a problem and we spent majority of the game with possession of the ball so would not be tired. Same goes for United. Provided Costa is playing(which he will) and there are no major injuries until then we should be fine. Better in possession, better on the counter attack, more cohesive play, better defending. There is no position on the pitch where United are currently stronger than Chelsea. They're essentially on the level of our 2012-13 team, if not worse.

If Matic, Hazard, Ivanovic(due to no backup RB) and Fabregas are fit to play, there will be no problems.

Tbh, United need two centre backs and two central midfielders to have a top 3 team. They have two of the most clinical strikers in European football (RVP and Radamel when on form), one of the best playmakers (Mata) and Di maria.

Going forward, on paper they;re at least as good as City. Falcao and RVP are more or less in the same bracket as Aguero. Mata and Silva are comparable (Silva wins tbh) and Di Maria would walk into most teams (except Barca, Madrid and Bayern).

Their two problems is that they're not fluid enough yet, and their defence is questionable. Both of which can be exploited by us and City.

With Falcao now at United, I'd say the Premier League has the best collection of strikers. Costa, Falcao, Aguero, RVP,
Original post by 9MmBulletz

With Falcao now at United, I'd say the Premier League has the best collection of strikers. Costa, Falcao, Aguero, RVP,

Yeah I'd say their attack is as good as City's on paper.

Yeah and the likes of Sturridge and potentially balotelli too. In terms of natural no.9s the prem has the best selection. Although Barca has plenty of quality strikers alone(if you count Messi as one)

Latest