The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We're going to need Lukaku tbh.
Costa is gonna get so many red cards for us next season :lol:

Also we better not sell Lukaku and keep Torres, that's just unacceptable. If no team wants Torres then send him to the reserves or send him on loan but he shouldn't be stealing the place of other capable strikers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Torres needs to retire.
I just feel sorry for David Villa. Imagine how angry you'd be if you saw that poor excuse for a striker playing ahead of you.

Why must manager after manager keep on facilitating Torres' crapness. He needs to know that his place in a team containing any sort of semi-decent striker is on the bench. In all honesty, I'm shocked that Spain couldn't find at least one or two strikers more worthy of a place in the World Cup squad.
Negredo and the real Fernando Torres should have gone ahead of the parasite at Chelsea.

I don't think Costa was too bad, he's not suited for spain but he makes good runs behind defensive lines, if spain passed the ball quicker Costa would shine.
Original post by jam278
Negredo and the real Fernando Torres should have gone ahead of the parasite at Chelsea.

I don't think Costa was too bad, he's not suited for spain but he makes good runs behind defensive lines, if spain passed the ball quicker Costa would shine.

Tbf, Negredo was terrible at Euro 2012.

Navas is the only real outlet for pace going forward. Could cost them
Reply 386
I still think we should sell Ramires and Mikel.
I feel SORRY for Torres, man.

I don't think even he knows what the hell has happened to him.

It's just the biggest decline I've ever seen. He'd struggle in the Championship.
RE:Costa

Good luck with your big money striker flop ambitions of 2014
Original post by Zürich
RE:Costa

Good luck with your big money striker flop ambitions of 2014

I don't even mind if he flops.

As long as it means we get the Kraken on the pitch.

I'm definitely not convinced re: Costa.
Original post by Yawn-er
I don't even mind if he flops.

As long as it means we get the Kraken on the pitch.

I'm definitely not convinced re: Costa.

He doesnt look like that great a striker to me though tbh, just a bit of a hustle and bustle striker who tries to nick goals. Not great technically and cant see him dominating a game really and that's sort of what Chelsea are missing. Having said that Ive only seen him play about 10 times.

Complete ****ing nutcase as well, you just know he'll let you down at some stage with a sending off.

I'd probably be looking at Mandzukic over Costa tbh
(edited 9 years ago)
LOL at people thinking Costa will flop for us based on his performances for Spain. We play differently to Spain and in a way that suits him much better. Besides he wasn't even that bad yesterday, they tried to be a bit more direct in the first half and release the ball to him quicker and he did well to win the penalty.

Anyway there is still a possibility that he could flop for us which means we shouldn't sell Lukaku. If Costa is a flop/injured it means we'll be stuck with Ba/Torres just like 2012 which wasn't fun, at least last season we had Eto'o.
Reply 392
Lukaku him self said he wanted to leave didn't he

Why are you guys banking on him so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
costas/fabregas' success will depend on how mourinho sets up next season, can see fabregas doin a dirty through pass that splits the defence while costa just makes those runs on a weekly basis but hard to imagine mou giving fab the freedom he needs to thrive tbh.
Original post by Skkc16
LOL at people thinking Costa will flop for us based on his performances for Spain. We play differently to Spain and in a way that suits him much better. Besides he wasn't even that bad yesterday, they tried to be a bit more direct in the first half and release the ball to him quicker and he did well to win the penalty.

Anyway there is still a possibility that he could flop for us which means we shouldn't sell Lukaku. If Costa is a flop/injured it means we'll be stuck with Ba/Torres just like 2012 which wasn't fun, at least last season we had Eto'o.

He only scored at home and he went missing during the last months of the season but I agree we need Lukaku.
Original post by Zürich
He doesnt look like that great a striker to me though tbh, just a bit of a hustle and bustle striker who tries to nick goals. Not great technically and cant see him dominating a game really and that's sort of what Chelsea are missing. Having said that Ive only seen him play about 10 times.

Complete ****ing nutcase as well, you just know he'll let you down at some stage with a sending off.

I'd probably be looking at Mandzukic over Costa tbh

I'd agree on all points. That 'nutcase' thing though, I'm not sure about. I think he just tries to impose himself on the pitch somehow. If Mourinho manages to channel that into a good performance, I'll be happy.

Like Torres, he's a counter-attacking striker... 100% not what we need.

And by 'Kraken', I meant Lukaku. If he stays, and Costa flops, he has a great chance of becoming the Chelsea CF.

(not even guaranteed if he will stay...)
Torres is a counter attacking player.

What football have we been playing majority of this season, most notably against the big teams?
Original post by Yawn-er
I feel SORRY for Torres, man.

I don't think even he knows what the hell has happened to him.

It's just the biggest decline I've ever seen. He'd struggle in the Championship.

Why should you feel sorry for him?

He's sure crying his eyes out with 170k. He could take a **** and piss on the cash and it'll still smell fresh.

He should retire
Original post by Yawn-er
I'd agree on all points. That 'nutcase' thing though, I'm not sure about. I think he just tries to impose himself on the pitch somehow. If Mourinho manages to channel that into a good performance, I'll be happy.

Like Torres, he's a counter-attacking striker... 100% not what we need.

And by 'Kraken', I meant Lukaku. If he stays, and Costa flops, he has a great chance of becoming the Chelsea CF.

(not even guaranteed if he will stay...)

Just think it's rare to see a £33m striker with such an obvious lack of outstanding traits really

Torres is a ****ing joke, never seen anything like it in my life. Lukaku surely will stay, would be shocking to lose him after what happened with Sturridge as well
Original post by Zürich
Just think it's rare to see a £33m striker with such an obvious lack of outstanding traits really

Torres is a ****ing joke, never seen anything like it in my life. Lukaku surely will stay, would be shocking to lose him after what happened with Sturridge as well

Costa reminds me of Drogba when he first came.

He seems like he'll adapt to the league anyway. He makes good runs, can hold up the ball, **** me the guy looks **** though.

Latest