The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hazard is slowly getting back to his goalscoring form of last season.

Sanchez has 9 goals and 5 assists while Hazard has 6 goals and 2 assists if Hazard has a few weeks on good form like he did last season easily catchable. But I'm not going to lie Sanchez is quality he'd do wonders on the right wing. Hazard and Sanchez would be like Robbery.
Hazard is reaching peak form imo.
Original post by Mackay
Hazard is reaching peak form imo.

Do you mean reaching his peak for the season or his career? I still think he's got potential to get even better, he's got the skill set and time to make it to the top 5 players in the world.

He needs to improve his performances away from home, all his goals in the league have been at SB this season. I was hoping he'd get 20 league goals, but unless he takes off from here he'll probably just match the 14 he scored last season. Although Costa coming in has shifted the responsibility of being the prime goalscorer away from him.
Original post by Isometrix
Do you mean reaching his peak for the season or his career? I still think he's got potential to get even better, he's got the skill set and time to make it to the top 5 players in the world.

He needs to improve his performances away from home, all his goals in the league have been at SB this season. I was hoping he'd get 20 league goals, but unless he takes off from here he'll probably just match the 14 he scored last season. Although Costa coming in has shifted the responsibility of being the prime goalscorer away from him.

Season.

What are everyone's thoughts on yesterday's 'swan lake' performance (as Bruce called it)?
Original post by Mackay
Season.

What are everyone's thoughts on yesterday's 'swan lake' performance (as Bruce called it)?

Foy had a shocker, Cahill should have been off. We still would have won though, we normally just close the game out when we go down to 10.
Original post by jam277
Hazard is slowly getting back to his goalscoring form of last season.

Sanchez has 9 goals and 5 assists while Hazard has 6 goals and 2 assists if Hazard has a few weeks on good form like he did last season easily catchable. But I'm not going to lie Sanchez is quality he'd do wonders on the right wing. Hazard and Sanchez would be like Robbery.

Too many Chelsea fans hype up Hazard. He goes missing in nearly every away game, his last 11 BPL goals have been at home. Lets see if he can perform as good 8pm Monday on a cold night in Stoke.
Original post by Adam171014
Too many Chelsea fans hype up Hazard. He goes missing in nearly every away game, his last 11 BPL goals have been at home. Lets see if he can perform as good 8pm Monday on a cold night in Stoke.

Got the assist against City
Should've scored against United and Newcastle

Not clinical enough, yes, but to say he goes missing is another thing
Don't know why Mata left, he has been played as a CM, been played on the wing and has to contribute defensively (albiet fewer than he had to at Chelsea but still)
Original post by Enoxial
Don't know why Mata left, he has been played as a CM, been played on the wing and has to contribute defensively (albiet fewer than he had to at Chelsea but still)

Because he's not very good
Original post by Enoxial

Everyone else in our squad can defend better than he can.

And we got 37m for him and essentially replaced him with Fabregas...
we need to get someone who will replace mikel who is average is all aspects.
Original post by Enoxial

Just doesn't work hard enough I assume.

It's a strange one, because van Gaal reportedly isn't keen on him either apparently.
Mata isn't as good a defender as Willian but when Mourinho asked a player to work they usually worked.

Anyway I believe Mourinho's plan was to sell Mata for FFP.
lololol City

Glad we got PSG, we play better against the big teams.
Original post by Isometrix
lololol City

Glad we got PSG, we play better against the big teams.

This, to be honest I fancy us to take PSG. It won't be easy but we'll have our defence organised well against Zlatan and if Costa's on form he'll make Luiz look very, very silly.
The intern at PSG is being overworked. Less than 5 minutes and he had already come up with this. ImageUploadedByStudent Room1418643070.536604.jpg

The banter didn't work out so well for them last time though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3996
Original post by Skkc16
The intern at PSG is being overworked. Less than 5 minutes and he had already come up with this. ImageUploadedByStudent Room1418643070.536604.jpg

The banter didn't work out so well for them last time though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, what a guy. I do not mind PSG we just have to guard against complacency. I would be half tempted to play Zouma - Terry just because he's so used to the French league and has played against PSG on numerous occasions.
PSG's a decent draw for you. Arsenal got the luck, though.
Wish we got Barcelona tbh getting PSG is long.

Think we'll still win. Matic, Fabregas in the team this year should control the game some more and hopefully Hazard being fit would help us. Think we should attack and not park the bus away though. Just keep it to losing by one goal away and we should go through.
I think we're a lot better than last year. As Jam says, we have Matic and Fabregas dovetailing perfectly. We were also relying on Ba last year up front and the difference between him and Costa is just huge. I think we've improved a lot more than PSG have over the last twelve months, and in general our side has just had another year to improve. Plus Courtois, plus the depth added by having people like Felipe Luis come in.

Latest