The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah Cuadrado was at the Bridge (100% this time :tongue:), he tweeted a picture.

Also why wasn't Salah on the bench? I know his departure is potentially imminent which is why I initially assumed he was absent, but he was sat behind the bench. He hasn't been great for us but his pace and energy would have been useful given how ****ed over Hazard and Willian were.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm happy for Zouma.
Original post by sr90
Is it more a crumble for Chelsea or the other teams simply improving? They got all their transfer business done early and very few of their players played beyond the group stages of the World Cup. So it's no surprise Chelsea started the season strongly, they had all pre season whilst their rivals had new players to bed in/players coming back knackered from the World Cup and in our case (and Spurs' if you can class them as a rival), a new manager.

They'll still win the league with ease though.

didn't warrant a thought-out response. was just a terrible attempt at WUMing haha
Not denying that he has an agenda but lets be real here. City slightly do edge past Chelsea in terms of XI and evidently today. You give Mourinho Citys squad and I think he'd be doing better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Not denying that he has an agenda but lets be real here. City slightly do edge past Chelsea in terms of XI and evidently today. You give Mourinho Citys squad and I think he'd be doing better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Na I don't think the XI is better, the only City player I'd have in the Chelsea team in terms of functionality is Silva and possibly Aguero. They do however have far greater squad depth, and Chelsea played 120 mins of a high tempo game on Tuesday night. Willian, Hazard and Oscar were clearly knackered, with no Schurrle or Salah on the bench they had no options.
(edited 9 years ago)
Dzeko's arrival helped you out really.

He was obviously deployed to do a similar role to Drogba (who imho should have started for you lot) but he just slowed down City's offense in the latter stages. The ball was being zipped into him but he lacks an explosive gear to really hurt teams despite his impressive goals tally from the bench.
Original post by sr90
Probably was but still. Chelsea in November looked miles ahead of everyone else, now not so much.

Imagine Maureen's tears if he bottles it :lol:
Original post by Obiejess
You deserved to lose that. The crumble begins.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Blueberry crumble, my favourite.
Not sure Cuadrado will give you anything much that Schurrle/Willian haven't. They're limited by Mourinho, not by their own talent.
'possibly' Aguero

lmfao
Hazard's assist was piff.
Original post by sr90
Is it more a crumble for Chelsea or the other teams simply improving? They got all their transfer business done early and very few of their players played beyond the group stages of the World Cup. So it's no surprise Chelsea started the season strongly, they had all pre season whilst their rivals had new players to bed in/players coming back knackered from the World Cup and in our case (and Spurs' if you can class them as a rival), a new manager.

Possibly.

And I agree they'll win, just not as confidently as they probably expect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
De Gea and Courtois both at fault for goals today. They aren't infallible after all.
Fair play, what I thought was really attractive about Chelsea today was your pro-activity, Mourinho clearly has a thirst for proper football, best expressed with young players he will develop.

Best of all, Chelsea fans conducted themselves with dignity and class. It is typical...

Chelsea are cancer
(edited 9 years ago)
Yo Zurich, why you so peanut butter and jealous?
Original post by KFC Buffet
'possibly' Aguero

lmfao

Chose it in terms of functionality as opposed to putting out a "dream team", and Costa has an incredible conversion rate as well as hold up play, it's probably a coin toss between the two and comes down to personal preference I guess.
That's the thing. You think Chelsea are this horific club with no values, history or class wharsoever. And then you meet the fans, you're taken aback with how classy and genuinely decent Chelsea fans are. Ive never ever heard a racist Chelsea fan for instance, exemplary
'meh' game tbh. Strange one, would have loved both the first XI's to be fit and have a proper go at each other. Still think the titles open, especially considering how filthy the relegation fight will be this year.

2 points lost that were there for the taking in my opinion, at least not 8 behind as that I think would start to seal it up already. Long way to go yet..

Don't understand why MP played Lampard, obviously wasn't gonna score a winner, MP I think was naive here. Without Nasri and Toure, no way we were gonna make a proper chance through that wall at the 70min+ mark. Should have kept aguero on, always can score, Dzeko :rolleyes:

Also whats with Chelsea's constant moaning at obvious decisions like throwings, cheap fouls? Oscar in particular is starting to take the piss with his 'style' of play, its starting to resemble a typical United player at Old Trafford. Faces like smacked arses at every decision.

Zouma looks sick.
Original post by FellainiSucks
Na Matic-Mikel is ok if you have a player with energy in front (Oscar or Rami), you can then press and important on the counter attack as well. Doesn't work with Fabregas as he's too slow though, can't press and not as much use when countering.

No. 9mmBulletz is right. It's way too defensive, and is only useful during away games. Even then you'd prefer to have energy in midfield because they'll be too slow to the ball, only advantage of that combo is the fact that it prevents Matic from covering the spaces of the whole midfield.

Original post by 9MmBulletz
Matic-Mikel is too defensive. It invites pressure from City

Yeah. Tbh despite that goal(which Ramires was meant to be tracking Silva) don't think any other combination would have dealt with Silva effectively. If we had Matic on Silva his movement between the lines and to the wing is going to move him about meaning less protection for the defence, maybe that goal could have been prevented though but they'd have scored another way.

Personally just think that the team were too weakened today, we did very well in the opening interchanges but a stalemate was a fair result. Shame this doesn't have la liga rules because the 1-1 draws make the league interesting. Costa will be fit for PSG and so will Fabregas, which is what I think Mourinho had in mind in not playing Fab. Don't think he should play vs Villa either. May even have to use Mikel since Matic hasn't been at his best recently. I say we go Real Madrid mode and play
Normal defence but with Zouma ahead of Cahill. Zouma needs the gametime, especially if he's going to play against PSG away, which I don't think he'll have any problems dealing with Cavani/Ibra as he matches them physically.

Ramires, Oscar, Hazard, Willian, Cuadrado, Remy.

Original post by 9MmBulletz
He's definitely leaving in the summer. Him and Lloris are too good for them, just like it got to a point where Modric and Bale were
Dude needs Champions League Football. We should definitely go for him

Yeah we should just chuck 30 million on him, he can play across both flanks.

Also Daniel Sturridge comes on for 23mins and scores. I put him in my fantasy football. Still to this day wish we had him. Remy is a great substitute for him mind but you can see Sturridge is the kind of guy who can put a final gear to his play and become the type who would play for Real in a few years, being the transfer record for a striker kinda guy. Easily better than Cavani.
Original post by sr90

There's no crumble, Xmas period was simply a lack in form, we never really played amazing football at the start of the season anyway, simply all we had was players to fill in the gaps and that made us score more goals, we've been doing the same thing from the start of the season, (doubling up on the right flank, using Oscar to make runs to the outside channels, using Costa to make runs to the inside channels, making Azpilicueta not go beyond the final third in attacks and playing at high intensity periods of 10-20mins) In fact we've been playing similar tactics to last season, just that the style of player has changed and with that our style of play.

Original post by Obiejess
You deserved to lose that. The crumble begins.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you being serious, the whole team that played today were involved in a 120min match besides Remy, and you're wondering why our performance was so lethargic. Chelsea are known for putting bursts for 20mins at the start playing at high intensity then sitting back and playing slow to conserve energy, if you don't have much energy to begin with when you play slow and try to conserve your energy teams like City will try to pull the team apart.

How many games do Chelsea deserve to lose anyway? Surely it's not a fluke that we're capable of grinding out these results in most big games despite playing relatively poorly.
Original post by Nickini
Tuesday completely ****ed us. Could barely put up a fight in the second half.

Main thing is we didn't lose though, a shame we didn't dispatch Liverpool more swiftly as I reckon with more energy we could be 8 points clear atm.

Yeah. Main thing is to not lose. We looked tired as hell.

We are still lacking a little bit of firepower and defensive stability, we need to be a Bayern, a guy like Eriksen in the summer I think will change that. He would work well rotating on the flanks and behind the striker. Could even turn him into Isco and play him in a midfield 2 box to box role.

Both us and City would take the draw, favours us slightly more as we have the easier fixture list but chances are City will be out. Highly doubt they'll beat Barça considering the way they've been playing and how pragmatic Luis Enrique has been of late. That lack of fixture congestion means that they'll just have the league to focus on. So in reality it's a stalemate between us two, our goal differences are quite similar but we've scored more goals, think with CL games coming around Mourinho will just play for 2-0s soon so I'm not sure Chelsea are going to be that much ahead in goal difference to City. Anyway can't wait for the PSG match. Need to see if I can get a ticket for that ****.

Latest