The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nichrome
Idiot Matic, what the hell is he doing? Barnes should have had a red also however.

If you watched the game upto that point you'd realize why he reacted in the manner he did.

Barnes should have had 3 reds by then.
Original post by Adam171014
If you watched the game upto that point you'd realize why he reacted in the manner he did.

Barnes should have had 3 reds by then.

I realise Barnes has been a **** all game, but still you can't run up to a player and just push him over.

No chance of the league cup now, Kane will tear us apart without Matic protecting the back 4. Give City the title now.
This is a joke
Ramires, Fabregas, Mikel, go 4-3-3 in the cup final and park the bus.
Just such a ****ing joke. Absolutely disgraceful refereeing.
Original post by jam277
Ramires, Fabregas, Mikel, go 4-3-3 in the cup final and park the bus.

If Mikel is even fit.
Will it be a 1 or 3 game ban for Matic?
You'll still win the league with games to spare.
Original post by Zerforax

3 + 3
FA will give Barnes a special award to go with it and levy Barne's red on Matic.

I can't believe what I'm seeing - 3x red-card worthy challenges = 0 cards.
2 stonewall penalties clearly in the vision of the ref = no pen + dive.

Tell me FA don't have something against us.
Original post by Zerforax

3 game. Today was the day we lost the league AND the league cup.
That was about as bad refereeing as I have seen since the Barcelona game
Refs are getting worse by the day,
Cant wait for Mou to go beast mode.
Matic will get a 9-month ban for his leg not being broken.
Original post by Adam171014
3 + 3
FA will give Barnes a special award to go with it and levy Barne's red on Matic.

I can't believe what I'm seeing - 3x red-card worthy challenges = 0 cards.
2 stonewall penalties clearly in the vision of the ref = no pen + dive.

Tell me FA don't have something against us.

Have I stepped into the Liverpool thread here?
the fa do seem to have something against us but remember we are still top and have been most of the season, one bad game doesn't end a whole season. as a result of this game people are saying we have lost the league but remember burnley drew with city away too, and when we play in the final next week they play liverpool which won't be easy for them. stop all the end of the world talk people
Says a lot about the poverty refereeing that Matic had to take things into his own hands to punish the player. Best league in the world? Genuinely can't think of a good rrefereeing performance this season. Of course as we're Chelsea fans we'll be accused of being salty and believing there is a campaign, but its something that every football fan in the country is sick of.

City dropped points at home to Burnley too though, bellend commentator on Talksport (no agenda there) said the tackle was just above Matic's ankle - don't think we were talking about the same incident.
Banter
Original post by Nichrome
3 game. Today was the day we lost the league AND the league cup.

Yea it's not a great run of games to have him banned for. Maybe you'll be able to appeal it on mitigating circumstances? Presumably the ref blew for a foul when Barnes went in with the leg breaker? If that's the case then they can't punish him retrospectively within the current rules (which are stupid).
Original post by samir12
Have I stepped into the Liverpool thread here?

I can see why people are angry but in reality at home to Burnley we should have been out of sight, the fact that Ivanovic, a RB scored and our goal vs PSG came from 3 of our back 4 setting each other up is a big cause for concern, we've been doing this a lot this season. I think Mourinho has a problem with breaking down smaller teams who defend deep in general.

I haven't watched the game but I will do.
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol minor. City lose to Liverpool next week. We get the win. 8 points clear. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Latest