The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I expect a big name forward signing by the end of the summer otherwise we can kiss the title goodbye.
Original post by The Assassin
what if wenger buys him next season?

Then we're ****ing idiots. But that ain't too hard to be. Liverpool already mugged us off by a swing of 60M with a Torres/Sturridge swap anyway.

We need to have put a buy back clause on his contract for when Mourinho leaves and when the club can judge players effectively without bias.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
He should have got Lukaku to sign a contract last season, told him that he'd be starting, stopped picking fights and making unneccessary digs with him so he'd shut up. That's what Mourinho should have done.
Lukaku is more in the wrong with this than Mourinho tbf, in hindsight Mourinho could have perhaps done more but still.

Mourinho wanted him to stay last season, Lukaku asked to go on loan citing "a lack of playing time", despite the fact we'd only played 4 games, he'd made no starts yes but he'd come off the bench 3 times accumulating more minutes than any striker bar Torres - his chance to start was clearly coming. Why should the club be pandering to the demands of a 21-year old who'd had one good season on loan at WBA ffs :rolleyes:.

Mourinho was full of praise before Lukaku left, then said nothing on the matter until Lukaku was talking to the press every week saying how he'd like to stay at Everton etc. etc. (which is just asking for trouble given who manages Chelsea), then Mourinho made his "he always speaks but never about why he went on loan". Pretty obvious how Mourinho reacts to things so if anyone was picking a fight it was lukaku tbh.
(edited 9 years ago)
We are liverpool... falalalala... we are liverpool... falalalala....we are liverpool, falalalala... The best football team in the land! Yes we are! Lol.
Original post by Nickini
Lukaku is more in the wrong with this than Mourinho tbf, in hindsight Mourinho could have perhaps done more but still.

Mourinho wanted him to stay last season, Lukaku asked to go on loan citing "a lack of playing time", despite the fact we'd only played 4 games, he'd made no starts yes but he'd come off the bench 3 times accumulating more minutes than any striker bar Torres - his chance to start was clearly coming. Why should the club be pandering to the demands of a 21-year old who'd had one good season on loan at WBA ffs :rolleyes:.

Mourinho was full of praise before Lukaku left, then said nothing on the matter until Lukaku was talking to the press every week saying how he'd like to stay at Everton etc. etc. (which is just asking for trouble given who manages Chelsea), then Mourinho made his "he always speaks but never about why he went on loan". Pretty obvious how Mourinho reacts to things so if anyone was picking a fight it was lukaku tbh.

Lukaku was in the wrong, but think about it Lukaku has spent 3 seasons playing no football at his parent club. I'd be angling for a move if I was Lukaku as well. He then proves himself on loan and they buy a striker, he probably saw what happened to Daniel Sturridge and thought he's not stupid. He went to Everton because Chelsea won't sell to a premier league rival and the likes of Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Real, Juve, Barca, PSG etc. don't need him. Where else does he have to go? The likes of Wolfsburg and Everton.

Lukaku had 2 years left on his contract, this is why we sold him otherwise we'd have told him to shut up. We should have tried harder with Lukaku.

Mourinho was full of praise for Mata and was talking about Mata playing right wing and initially he said De Bruyne would play in the first team, initially he said that he wants to use the youngsters, initially he said we were going to play a more attacking style of play. Have you noticed that he has been chatting **** the whole time. He is out for himself and is a narcisstic ****. It seems great and means you can pander to him and find things interesting when things go right but when things go wrong things get nasty and he goes into defensive prick mode.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1184
Jam you're starting to sound a lot like Charlieadam :pierre:
Lets take our mind off with Chelsea First Team vs Chelsea Loanees?
Original post by mhsc
Jam you're starting to sound a lot like Charlieadam :pierre:

Cleveradam did have a point.

Was rubbishing him all season as we all did but with the way our season ended and our luck vs the small teams ran out I've noticed we've been playing terrible football all season bar a few games and our method of scoring were either Hazard or set pieces. Guy had it spot on personally. Although we were never at a point where we'd struggle to make top 4 which he was saying.

We're going to win nothing with this current strike force. Not even trolling here one long term injury to Costa and that's our PL season over by christmas.
(edited 9 years ago)
if we are selling him at least we will get a good price for him, need to find a replacement of course. Personally as a fourth choice striker i would like to see Bamford used more often but i can't see that happening realistically
Reply 1188
Oh his name is cleveradam, my bad, slip of the tongue :jester:

And I don't think we'd be favourites above City even if we signed another great striker, or kept Lukaku. I still think we have a good shot tho. I guess you're sure we wont win it like you were sure we wouldn't sign Fabregas yeah? :creep:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Skkc16
6 months from now when Costa is injured and we are not scoring goals Jose will start complaining about having no strikers except this time no one will listen to him and he's just going to look like a fool as is the club.

Basically at the moment the strikers we have on our roster are Torres and Costa because Drogba will most likely retire after this season. City on the other hand have Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic and Negredo.

It can't just be the attitude thing either. Drogba absolutely hated Chelsea when he first signed and after his first season he wanted out but Mourinho persevered with him. So why can't he do the same with Lukaku?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly this. If Jose even lets out a peep about our lack of strikers I am going to screw. Our striking options are not title winning quality. They don't even come close to any of the top sides in Europe. And now considering Jose would have had three transfer windows to sort that out he'll have absolutely no excuse for our weakness in that area of the squad.

In all honesty I have lost patience with Mourinho. The guy has such an immensely huge ego meaning that if you're not one of his favourites he'll make absolutely no effort to keep you at the club even if you're needed. Keeping Lukaku should have been a priority this window. He's young, HG and we know he can score goals in the prem. He's the IDEAL 2nd striker. If Mourinho really wanted to keep him he would have stayed. Even Rodgers managed to keep Suarez for a season. This is all on Jose as far as I'm concerned. He will always have the final say on whether a player leaves or not.
Original post by looseseal
Exactly this. If Jose even lets out a peep about our lack of strikers I am going to screw. Our striking options are not title winning quality. They don't even come close to any of the top sides in Europe. And now considering Jose would have had three transfer windows to sort that out he'll have absolutely no excuse for our weakness in that area of the squad.

In all honesty I have lost patience with Mourinho. The guy has such an immensely huge ego meaning that if you're not one of his favourites he'll make absolutely no effort to keep you at the club even if you're needed. Keeping Lukaku should have been a priority this window. He's young, HG and we know he can score goals in the prem. He's the IDEAL 2nd striker. If Mourinho really wanted to keep him he would have stayed. Even Rodgers managed to keep Suarez for a season. This is all on Jose as far as I'm concerned. He will always have the final say on whether a player leaves or not.

Agree.

Time is ticking for Mourinho, he has to deliver this season or he should be sacked.
Reply 1191
I hope Mou stays for 10 years or more tbh. Man will deliver and deliver big, you just need to chill and wait. There is absolutely no one available who could do better, anyway, unless Jam or Cleveradam fancy a go at the job? As they have all of the answers from them mad FM skills and what not :yes:
Atsu might be loaned to Sunderland.
Reply 1193
Original post by mhsc
I hope Mou stays for 10 years or more tbh. Man will deliver and deliver big, you just need to chill and wait. There is absolutely no one available who could do better, anyway, unless Jam or Cleveradam fancy a go at the job? As they have all of the answers from them mad FM skills and what not :yes:

I don't think Abramovic would allow a 10 year reign lol

I can even see pep at the bridge in future at some point
Not surprised that Lukaku is wanting to leave Chelsea. You should never sign for Chelsea unless you're a close to final product like Hazard.
Original post by mhsc

When has Mourinho been in a long term job for over 3 seasons?

All Mourinho has been doing has been using money, building the best team and winning trophies for a few seasons. He then hops after getting into an argument or doing a fergie and leaving an ageing squad instead of rebuilding. Porto to Chelsea fair enough but Abramovich and Mourinho is not a good pairing, they will fall out eventually.

Don't see why you have to use the 'i'm an armchair expert' to validate your point either.

I've just got rid of the Mourinho bias and I see things clearly. We have one reliable striker at best. He ain't going to be here for 10 years. I can guarantee you that. He didn't even want to join Chelsea either time anyway, he wanted the Liverpool job and then he wanted the United job when Fergie left. He has no loyalty to Chelsea, the only way he's staying in a job is if he's winning trophy after trophy at a club because that's the only thing he's good at as a manager.
Anyway if we buy a striker, then all will be fine but we can't be having another season with such a terrible strike force. Miss the days when Drogba and Anelka were at their peak.

Honestly doesn't the Drogba deal sound similar to a deal we did the previous season for an old black striker football wise? This deal seems more about him becoming a coach than being another option off the bench though.
Original post by Zerforax
Not surprised that Lukaku is wanting to leave Chelsea. You should never sign for Chelsea unless you're a close to final product like Hazard.

Or if you're seen as a marquee signing.

Oscar e.g. was a marquee signing so he gets good game time but he's not near the finished product yet. Lukaku was in Torres' shadow as he'd just signed for 50M 6 months earlier so a hefty fee for a young player didn't matter.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1197
Lol, I said "I hope" - not that it will actually happen. But in my ideal world Mou will do a Fergie and stay with us until he's an old man. There is no one better in the world who we could hope to get, if there is even anyone better than Mou in the first place.
Is this the Chelsea Fc forum? Lol.
Original post by AngelPhys
Is this the Chelsea Fc forum? Lol.

Nvmm, that was a dumb question, lol. Thought this was the LFC forum, lol, for minute!

Latest