The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Micah Richards
Lol the Suarez Hernandez thing was obviously a troll, but it's kinda evident to see that he is a fan of Torres and that he's not very good at maths :s-smilie:

I agree mayn.

Who do you think will win the title this season btw Micah?
Original post by jam278
I agree mayn.

Who do you think will win the title this season btw Micah?

Undecided between Chelsea and City currently.

My instinct is usually to back Mourinho but I don't feel it this year so much, idk.

City/Chelsea
City/Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal

Will be your top four.
Reply 1382
Original post by Micah Richards
I'm not going to give you a maths lesson, but in a one striker formation, if a team's strikers score 55, then whoever plays as a striker average out to 1 per game. It's not that hard to understand. Between the 3 of them they'll have to score 55 goals in 55 sets of 90 minutes. Which is a performance level akin to Messi/Ronaldo.

Just to help you understand, work it out for yourself.

You have 55 sets of 90 minutes/55 games

How many games is Costa going to play and how many goals will he score
How many games is Torres going to play and how many goals will he score
How many games is Drogba going to play and how many goals will he score?

:facepalm:

You're going on the assumption that each striker plays the whole 90 mins with no substitutions. I'm going on the fact that in those 55 games, when combining the strikers appearances it's gonna total more than 55 games? Pretty sure it's you who needs the maths lesson SUG lmao.

Theoretically, if Chelsea started all 3 every game on the season, then it would equal 165 apps between them. Obviously that's not gonna happen but let's say they'll play roughly 100 games between them. How is 55 goals in 100 games unrealistic and Ronaldo and Messi levels?

Not my fault that you are a anti-Chelsea with an unbelievable bias I've never seen before, and Jam has been infected with the Jose drug where in his mind every player Chelsea have is **** and they'll be lucky to avoid relegation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
:facepalm:

You're going on the assumption that each striker plays the whole 90 mins with no substitutions. I'm going on the fact that in those 55 games, when combining the strikers appearances it's gonna total more than 55 games? Pretty sure it's you who needs the maths lesson SUG lmao.

Theoretically, if Chelsea started all 3 every game on the season, then it would equal 165 apps between them. Obviously that's not gonna happen but let's say they'll play roughly 100 games between them. How is 55 goals in 100 games unrealistic and Ronaldo and Messi levels?

Not my fault that you are a anti-Chelsea with an unbelievable bias I've never seen before, and Jam has been infected with the Jose drug where in his mind every player Chelsea have is **** and they'll be lucky to avoid relegation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol, dumb ****.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/maths/
Reply 1384

:facepalm: there's 3 things going on here, you can tell me which one it is:

A) you have misunderstood what I meant (think this is likely)
B) you are trolling
C) you're **** at maths lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
:facepalm: there's 3 things going on here, you can tell me which one it is:

A) you have misunderstood what I meant (think this is likely)
B) you are trolling
C) you're **** at maths lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol
Reply 1386
Really don't understand what's difficult to understand but ok :lol:

Anyway, did everyone see the initiation of your new signings? Made me lol.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/30/watch-cesc-fabregas-diego-costa-and-filipe-luis-belt-out-hilarious-renditions-of-songs-in-chelsea-initiations-4816082/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NDGAARONDI
I agree. I swear there is an ageist policy going on regarding footballers aged 30 and above so I'm hoping something will happen to stop this. Unless we offered him a contract but he wanted an improved offer, such as a longer contract length, then it might be a bit more difficult. I remember Pires leaving Arsenal because he wanted a two year contract but could only get one year because of his age and then a few years later Henry gets a five year contract whilst aged 29. :rolleyes:

I guess they can drop off very quickly? Also one injury can ruin their career. So bigger risk to give long contracts?

Original post by Edminzodo
Still . . . I'm annoyed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So he was meant to turn down the chance to sign for the champions?
Original post by Zerforax
I guess they can drop off very quickly? Also one injury can ruin their career. So bigger risk to give long contracts?

It appears to be treated too general rather than catering towards the individual's fitness, which is where a plausible case for ageism will be suggested. Plus, many players peak at varying ages anyway.
Original post by jam278
With the bit in bold. I don't know. Whether it was a problem with the personal relationship in the club or what. Oh well he's gone. Lets see how his career turns out. Anyway we need one attacking signing. We're not winning the title with this current squad. Who would you go for?
Yeah we're essentially just talking it round in circles now :tongue:

Can see what you've been saying about a RW signing but for now I'd rather see if Schurrle/Willian can step up. Schurrle's still relatively young and improved as the season went on, reckon he'll have a good second season. Kinda felt like Willian wasn't really clicking with the team in an attacking sense so was just making up for it with his work rate, hoping to see more from him though as his attacking play is better than what we've seen from him so far IMO.

Definitely need a striker, not really sure who we should get. Don't buy the Falcao/Cavani stories, even if they were to be available I don't think they're worth the price Monaco/PSG would want, Falcao possibly but not so soon after his injury and he's 29 early next year. Would be dumb to pay anything above £40m for either of them and even then... Wouldn't have minded Remy but after he failed his Liverpool medical no way. Reckon someone like Bony would be good, although if Costa gets injured during the ACON we would only have Torres. Supposedly we had £150m that we could spend at the start of the window and what with the Luiz and Lukaku sales we've spent £75m and yet pretty much broken even, for all the talk of "the window is closed for us" I reckon we'll still make another signing or two.
Original post by NDGAARONDI
It appears to be treated too general rather than catering towards the individual's fitness, which is where a plausible case for ageism will be suggested. Plus, many players peak at varying ages anyway.

Completely agree. I think AC Milan made the same mistake with Pirlo and he's had 3 strong years.

Imo players now last to 35 rather than 30 in previous decades. I'd start offering one year contracts after the age of say 33-35.
a few lingering cavani rumours. I'd take him in a heartbeat if 40 mill is the figure they're after
I doubt Cavani will join us, he wants to be the main striker and with Costa there it's unlikely
Original post by TheSpector
I doubt Cavani will join us, he wants to be the main striker and with Costa there it's unlikely
Yeah this. Although we've supposedly been working on 2 striker formations in training. Seems completely pointless to try and force Torres into the team at the expense of someone who is actually useful, and it's not like we have great depth in that position either, so it possibly suggests we are looking to bring in another striker. I would take him for £40m for sure.
Original post by Nickini
Yeah we're essentially just talking it round in circles now :tongue:

Can see what you've been saying about a RW signing but for now I'd rather see if Schurrle/Willian can step up. Schurrle's still relatively young and improved as the season went on, reckon he'll have a good second season. Kinda felt like Willian wasn't really clicking with the team in an attacking sense so was just making up for it with his work rate, hoping to see more from him though as his attacking play is better than what we've seen from him so far IMO.

Schurrle can step up but I have no hope for Willian personally. Very underwhelming first season and his play in the final third was so terrible that the work rate argument didn't have any substance to it. Hate to say it but he's Ramires with a bit more flair.

We need a right winger but there are ways to circumvent that e.g. getting a good CM so we play a 4-3-2-1.
Definitely need a striker, not really sure who we should get. Don't buy the Falcao/Cavani stories, even if they were to be available I don't think they're worth the price Monaco/PSG would want, Falcao possibly but not so soon after his injury and he's 29 early next year. Would be dumb to pay anything above £40m for either of them and even then... Wouldn't have minded Remy but after he failed his Liverpool medical no way. Reckon someone like Bony would be good, although if Costa gets injured during the ACON we would only have Torres. Supposedly we had £150m that we could spend at the start of the window and what with the Luiz and Lukaku sales we've spent £75m and yet pretty much broken even, for all the talk of "the window is closed for us" I reckon we'll still make another signing or two.

I would pay 40M for Cavani. Not for Falcao though even though he's more proven.

I don't want to go for that profile of player though. Just a backup who can do a job when the other striker is not there. Mario Gomez would have been great or Higuain. I think we're struggling to find the complete forward signing as any forward capable of doing a job as Chelsea backup would want to be starting. That's probably where our problem is coming from.

Think we have one signing in the pipeline. My bet is on Di Maria.
Original post by TheSpector

Buy Cavani. Sell Costa to Liverpool in January for £64m.
Reply 1396
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9404800/transfer-news-former-chelsea-star-frank-lampard-joins-manchester-city-in-loan-move

So its done. Going to be weird seeing him in Sky blue and not ours. And he's available for the Chelsea game. *Shudder*
If pellegrini had any sense he wouldn't play Lampard against us.
Reply 1398
Can't believe it. Ergh.
Reply 1399
Lampard- Out
Cole- Out
Drogba- Out (in 2012)
Cech- Out(?) or benched

Torres, still here :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest