The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
There'll be a flurry of deals and Man Utd will end up having to pay extra since it's so close to the end of the transfer window and they have big gaps in the squad.

I still find it ridiculous that they're spending an extra 60 million to keep a 28-year old who isn't even that consistent (£300,000 a week, 4 year extention) and doesn't really care for the club. Any time that it looks like United may slide down the league, he gets a fat contract
Original post by 9MmBulletz
I still find it ridiculous that they're spending an extra 60 million to keep a 28-year old who isn't even that consistent (£300,000 a week, 4 year extention) and doesn't really care for the club. Any time that it looks like United may slide down the league, he gets a fat contract

No player is bigger than the club. So they say. Ah, they should have given him the Malouda treatment.
Torres ain't even benched :lol:

Chelsea line-up v Leicester: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry , Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard; D Costa.

Subs v Leicester: Cech, Zouma, F Luis, Mikel, Ramires, Willian, Drogba.
Original post by UnWise
Torres ain't even benched :lol:

Someone had to make room for Mikel..:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
rumor that Torres might be involved in some kind of deal with Milan
Original post by The Assassin
rumor that Torres might be involved in some kind of deal with Milan

You know Ac Milan are going downhill when they're buying an over-the-hill Essien and Torres
I think Mourinho's sticking with Schurrle now that there's Fabregas to put him through on goal.
I think Schurrle can become our Thomas Muller. I know Thomas Muller is a good player, but there's nothing that really stands out about him as a footballer technically, yet he knows how to find himself in good goalscoring positions.
why isnt the game on sky sports? why cant all premiere league games be on one channel....
I think Mourinho's sticking with Schurrle now that there's Fabregas to put him through on goal.
I think Schurrle can become our Thomas Muller. I know Thomas Muller is a good player, but there's nothing that really stands out about him as a footballer technically, yet he knows how to find himself in good goalscoring positions.

Muller is probably the most intelligent footballer. There's no way schurrle can do that as well as muller can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1789
Original post by jarjarmonkey
why isnt the game on sky sports? why cant all premiere league games be on one channel....

3pm kickoffs are never televised here.
Original post by jarjarmonkey

You can find it on Setanta sports. No UK Broadcasters show any football matches on Saturdays at 3 p.m. (well anything between 2.45 and 5.15 tbh) , apparently something to do with it having a negative impact on attendances and therefore their revenues.
Am I the only one who noticed that when Hazard gets the ball near the half way line he breaks the tempo of the Counter?
Can see Willian or Drogs coming on...

250k a week*
In these commentators mind Diego Costa is Apple. They not the same.

only Thugnificient will get this reference :moon:
I'm sorry but what is wrong with Hazard?
He isn't improving anywhere near as much as people are claiming. He has 1-2 good games in every 5 games and instances of good play in each game.
Oscar has been horrendous.
Maybe give him 3 months rest or something because I can't remember when he last played good.

Azpilicueta playing left-back is holding back Hazard every single damn time.
Azpilicueta is easy to defend against knowing he will never go run on the outside and take on the defender... always cut in to cross or back-pass.
Play stalls down every single time on the left and Ivanovic blasts the ball out of the stadium for the most part on the right.
Azpilicueta needs to play as RB and Luis as LB and we'll open up teams more with a faster and direct approach.
(edited 9 years ago)
Your fans and players getting mad at time wasting tactics :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Fabregas produced the same pass from which Schurrle scored last match...
Original post by cleveradam
I'm sorry but what is wrong with Hazard?
He isn't improving anywhere near as much as people are claiming. He has 1-2 good games in every 5 games and instances of good play in each game.
Oscar has been horrendous.
Maybe give him 3 months rest or something because I can't remember when he last played good.

Hazard will improve don't worry. I have high hopes for him, he needs to add a few goals to his game but he's improved season on season for us.

Oscar needs to play deeper or in a 4-3-3. No idea what formation we're playing atm since I missed the first half. :frown: Anybody care to give me the analysis?

Original post by TH3-FL45H
Muller is probably the most intelligent footballer. There's no way schurrle can do that as well as muller can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He is tbh.
Lol so watched most of the first half because I've got Costa, Hazard and Fabregas all in my FF (cheeky one week gamble);

Fabregas, dire. Can't put his stamp on the game at all.
Hazard absolutely awful. Every ****ing counter he ruined.
Oscar was ****. What was Oscar offered for the last 6 months? He's **** every time I see him.
Costa dangerously like the player you really don't want up front. Falls over far too easily. Not the culprit though.
Schurrle is a really **** footballer and if he's not getting service, well you've all seen what happens.

Leicester were comfortably the better team. If they had two decent wingers then they could easily be 2 up by now.

Mourinho has a £150m front 6 and can only produce this. It's ****ing awful. Plus the fullbacks are dire for ball retention or any kind of incision. Mou could easily play Filipe but no **** that we'll stick with last seasons two useless ****s. Disgraceful.
Noble and Cissokho on my bench. **** life

Latest