The Student Room Group

Psychology or Sociology?

I'm currently studying Sociology as a GCSE and LOVE it so much haha.
However, Psychology seems really interesting - but soooo many people say it is too hard and boring..
Is this true?
I really want to study either at A level but Psychology seems to open up more doors as I want to go into medicine
But so many people don't like Psychology :frown: idk whether I will or not
Thanks for your help guys :smile:
Reply 1
Do Psychology! I take it and I absolutely LOVE it! Most of the people at my sixth form say it is the easiest thing they are taking and it is seriously interesting! It is not a breeze but it is not a ton of work and it is definitely not boring! I am not one of those people who love school or anything, I am taking English lit, biology, RS and psychology and I hate everything except psychology!

You learn about really cool stuff like ECT, abnormalities, phobias, attachment, it is seriously worth doing! I was not even planning on taking it because I only wanted to do sociology but the sixth form I chose did not offer sociology, only psychology so I chose government and politics then at the last minute I swapped to psychology. After a few lessons I realised it was the best choice I had ever made because I am now going to take it as a degree at university and I want to become a clinical psychologist!

The subject helped me choose my career so yeah, I could ask anyone and they would say psychology is amazing! The only hard work is trying to remember names and studies but if you have a good memory then you're fine! I would strongly recommend it, it's amazing! (And it's the only thing I am predicted an A in!) I really struggled to get more than a C in everything but psychology which I'm getting As in so it really is not that hard and I'm really lazy too! Hope I helped! :smile:
I have no idea at all what Psychology is like, but I can absolutely assure you that Sociology is a total waste of time.

Honestly, it's more like a GCSE than an AS-Level; the exams are like 1 + 2 hours of regurgitating facts with no application or use of intelligence whatsoever. Especially if you've done it at GCSE, you'll probably just be reiterating the same old *******s. Seriously, go for anything other than Sociology.

Quick Reply

Latest