The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Wow, glad that you did well but thanks a bunch for rubbing it in over the Listening. :hmpf:
In AS French last year I got 90/90, 117/120 & 88/90 I think and this year got something like 70 or 72/90, 75/90, 120/120, so I didn't want to resit anything but in Spanish resits was definitely a good idea. I originally got 74/90, 110/120, 65/90 but I couldn't resit my oral so resat the other two. I got 90/90, 111/120 (a whole UMS mark more!!!) and 65/90 but for A2 I got 80/90, 83/90 & 116/120. Although the resits didn't make the difference between a grade, knowing I had done them gave me confidence that if I didn't do well at A2 I had more marks to fall back on. People who resat the AS Spanish modules went up from an C/D at AS to an A at A2, so it is possible!! My tip for anyone retaking the oral exam is to avoid overreliance on pre-learnt material, expand on your answers to the questions as much as possible without reciting a speech, show your knowledge by dropping in websites etc and most of all, be confident and forget about the exam condition as much as possible. I screwed my French oral up badly this year due to the worst nerves I've ever had and I literally almost stopped talking in the exam and totally forgot what I was trying to say and that made me feel a lot worse for the rest of the exam.
Reply 22
leannemarie
In AS French last year I got 90/90, 117/120 & 88/90 I think and this year got something like 70 or 72/90, 75/90, 120/120, so I didn't want to resit anything but in Spanish resits was definitely a good idea. I originally got 74/90, 110/120, 65/90 but I couldn't resit my oral so resat the other two. I got 90/90, 111/120 (a whole UMS mark more!!!) and 65/90 but for A2 I got 80/90, 83/90 & 116/120. Although the resits didn't make the difference between a grade, knowing I had done them gave me confidence that if I didn't do well at A2 I had more marks to fall back on. People who resat the AS Spanish modules went up from an C/D at AS to an A at A2, so it is possible!! My tip for anyone retaking the oral exam is to avoid overreliance on pre-learnt material, expand on your answers to the questions as much as possible without reciting a speech, show your knowledge by dropping in websites etc and most of all, be confident and forget about the exam condition as much as possible. I screwed my French oral up badly this year due to the worst nerves I've ever had and I literally almost stopped talking in the exam and totally forgot what I was trying to say and that made me feel a lot worse for the rest of the exam.

:congrats: ;console; over the oral. I got so nervous too in the oral and at one point there was this massive pause, which must have made the examiner put their ear closer to the tape recorder and turn up the volume when marking it, then I suddenly saw light, and actually jumped up into the air, clapping my hands and screeching << Oui, oui, oui!>> before going off into a torrent of fluent French. I take that they never forgave me for that. :p:
Reply 23
i messed up the oral too, our examiner was an external one though and he really didn't seem to have a clue I got

88/90
120/120
72/90

so only the oral that let me down, still got an A 280/300
Reply 24
Lmao French

i got an E, don't care though to be honest. I've got 3 subjects that I actually care about to do well in. :smile:
Reply 25
MarcdeV
i messed up the oral too, our examiner was an external one though and he really didn't seem to have a clue I got

88/90
120/120
72/90

so only the oral that let me down, still got an A 280/300

I really want 120/120 too. How did you folks that scored that get that mark?"huff:

Latest