The Student Room Group

Clearing for Law/LNAT

Manchester Metropolitan is offering places in clearing.
It is also one of the universities that requires applicants to do the LNAT.
Does that mean you can't be eligible for a place at MMU through clearing if you haven't already done the LNAT?
Reply 1
I doubt they require you to do the LNAT if they have places in clearing, you would be better off contacting them though.
Reply 2
kirstinx
I doubt they require you to do the LNAT if they have places in clearing, you would be better off contacting them though.

LOL, no I'm not applying to study Law this year. Am just interested how MMU are going to deal with this.
Yea I would have thought that they will either a) be looking for those who missed their offers and alrdy have an LNAT score or b) totally suck and dont really care about LNAT and didnt get enough applicants so now they need to fill up with dross.

A mate of mien is manning the clearing/i missed my grades phones at Nottm and they've had headteachers phoning up and saying stuff like "the law faculty needs students from my school taught by me" when the kids have like ABB instead of the AAB req'd, naturally they are sent home. He also had someone phoned up with UUU trying to get into neuroscience, yea righ.
The LNAT Consortium agreement excludes admissions through clearing.
well there you go.
Reply 6
This was the first year that MMU had the LNAT as part of their Law admissions process. I wonder if they will continue to have it as part of their admissions process next year now that there will be about 5 people who didn't have to sit the LNAT and were offered a seat anyway.
If I was one of them and wanted to make friends then I wouldn't reveal it and would keep it my little secret LOL.
superdillon
This was the first year that MMU had the LNAT as part of their Law admissions process. I wonder if they will continue to have it as part of their admissions process next year now that there will be about 5 people who didn't have to sit the LNAT and were offered a seat anyway.
If I was one of them and wanted to make friends then I wouldn't reveal it and would keep it my little secret LOL.

Yes, MMU are continuing as an LNAT university in 2006-7. Why should they care if some people were admitted without sitting the test? It still helped them make their decisions in the vast majority of cases.

Latest

Trending

Trending