The Student Room Group

Which university

I am looking at studying law at university, starting from September 2015, all the unis I have looked at have been in the Russell group, as I was told by a friend who is a solicitor they would be best to go to. Should I be looking to go to the universities highest in the league tables or just any of the Russell group, as I had liked the look of Sheffield but have seen it is placed at number 34? Thank you!
Original post by DPauls6
I am looking at studying law at university, starting from September 2015, all the unis I have looked at have been in the Russell group, as I was told by a friend who is a solicitor they would be best to go to. Should I be looking to go to the universities highest in the league tables or just any of the Russell group, as I had liked the look of Sheffield but have seen it is placed at number 34? Thank you!

Where will it be (and in which league table) when you graduate in 2018 and when you qualify as a solicitor 2021?

If you are Oxbridge material or only marginally below that, then perhaps you should try for somewhere better but there is no point in making yourself unhappy in say Exeter or Newcastle if you would rather be in Sheffield.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending