The Student Room Group

Physics IAL unit-2 9th June 2014 - Official thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Agus.guardiola
i think okay, though i was hoping for more, overall i'm disappointed i was supposed to get over 90% and totally screwed up :s-smilie::frown:
there were a lot of really vague and ambiguous questions, too much writing to do and not many calculations... i was a bit short of time, didn't have time to check so overall quite crossed
also the questions were quite different to the ones in previous years... there was no 6 mark question to explain why photoelectric effect supported particle theory, i was hoping for those 6 marks :angry::frown:

haha yeah the questions were a little weird, that's for sure! like the one about scientific ideas just had me a little stumped tbh. eh if it makes you feel better, even though physics went well, i compeltely messed up maths because i was so stressed out during the exams that i made a whole lot of silly mistakes! i have no choice but to retake next year which sucks because i've dreamed of doing chemical engineering but oh well i'm sure all is not lost :')

what do you plan on doing? oh and for the one about how photoelectric effect affects the moon and all.... what did you write? just curious :smile:
Original post by sj97
haha yeah the questions were a little weird, that's for sure! like the one about scientific ideas just had me a little stumped tbh. eh if it makes you feel better, even though physics went well, i compeltely messed up maths because i was so stressed out during the exams that i made a whole lot of silly mistakes! i have no choice but to retake next year which sucks because i've dreamed of doing chemical engineering but oh well i'm sure all is not lost :')

what do you plan on doing? oh and for the one about how photoelectric effect affects the moon and all.... what did you write? just curious :smile:

maths went quite well for me, i'm expecting 90+ ums in both c12 and fp2
s1 tomorrow... :/
i want to to physics or maths or both lol
i wrote that uv had more energy than work function, so electrons excited, become free bla bla bla so dust becomes positively charged you?
Reply 62
Original post by 7neallite
Don't worry, my range was just a prediction. Hopefully, you'll get your 3 marks.

YAY! :biggrin:
Probably between 55-60, I just exaggerated with excitement on how well I did this paper, especially after that horrible unit-1 paper. But for sure this was an easier paper than the Jan 2014 one and an A was 55/80. So I think it might be over 55/80 for an A

How do find you it easier than the Jan paper? :s-smilie:
maths went quite well for me, i'm expecting 90+ ums in both c12 and fp2
s1 tomorrow... :/
i want to to physics or maths or both lol
i wrote that uv had more energy than work function, so electrons excited, become free bla bla bla so dust becomes positively charged you?

yupp wrote that!
Original post by airheadbuster
Audible sound... frequency smaller, wavelength longer, so greater diffraction. (May 2010 Question 20 a) Check it guys.)

June 2010 Q20 is to do with radio waves and microwaves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
How do find you it easier than the Jan paper? :s-smilie:

Because there were barely any electricity calculations (which was my weakness) & more questions of waves in there (that's because I did loads of waves questions of this booklet: http://www.scribd.com/doc/111370314/Physics-Edexcel-Unit-2-Loads-of-Questions), so I was kind of confident doing that paper.
Original post by Undisclosed 15
June 2010 Q20 is to do with radio waves and microwaves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are similar.
Because there were barely any electricity calculations (which was my weakness) & more questions of waves in there (that's because I did loads of waves questions of this booklet: http://www.scribd.com/doc/111370314/Physics-Edexcel-Unit-2-Loads-of-Questions), so I was kind of confident doing that paper.

What did you write for the scientific idea part, the interferometer question, ldr and resistance, and heat circuit?
They are similar.

Even i wrote diffraction, but my friends were like, it's wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by killer_90
i got 50 and 35

i got the same
Reply 71
i got 41 and 34, but i might have done it wrong, which really sucks, so i got refractive index of 1.17 hopefully there will be error carrier

i got 40 and 35..n my answer was pretty close to yours!
Reply 72
And about the LDR? why the zigzag shape?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wrote the wire was thin hence lower area,so high resistance using the formula r=pl/a
and long wire means longer length hence higher resistance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending