Reply 40
The pictures are here
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 41
adzguest
One of the 1st things you should do is move your bed across the window... makes a hell of a lot of difference as the room feels alot bigger and you have more room for storage.

thanks thats really helpful!! :smile:
I'm on floor 8, room 10. Anyone near me?
Debbie.
Reply 43
Im floor 8 too, room 16, not too far off from you. Was hopin to find more floor 8'ers but cant find anyone else yet! Guess I'll have to wait til the 23rd...cant wait!
Reply 44
So is the 23rd when everone is planning on comming down to aston and moving in cos i know i am?
Ay786
So is the 23rd when everone is planning on comming down to aston and moving in cos i know i am?

Yep :biggrin: 23rd for me!
Have people who sent in a stamped addressed envelope with their pink accommodation thing got a confirmation back yet? Not got one and scared =/
Reply 47
I aint got mine too and i put a first class stamp adress envelope. I was getting worried but since you say you havent got yours im a little ok about it now - must be a delay in processing it
Reply 48
adzguest
My mates were in Floor 12 last year!

I stayed in Stafford 14 so not far haha!

Anybody who's going to be living on Stafford 14 please PM me... you have a legacy to uphold and I need to tell you how!

Hi! Ye iv been given floor 14. lol Wat must i do?
Ah, thank you Ay786, I shall worry not. Well, I'm still scared, cos I liked the one I was given, and if I can't get onto campus I'll die =P I posted mine 2 days before it was meant to get there, first class. *is scared*
Reply 50
Ishy
Hi! Ye iv been given floor 14. lol Wat must i do?

Just have pride and show off that you are a Staff14er.

I will probably come visit you in Freshers week... I'm the ugly drunk one.
Reply 51
oops! im on floor 10 room 14, not floor 14!

I guess i wont be able to uphold the stafford flr 14 tradition!
Reply 52
Im on Floor 19. Seems like no-one else is staying so high up!
Reply 53
finally someone on floor 10! im on floor 10 room 4 so will be seeing you round.
Reply 54
They've taken my room off me, and given me a room on floor 16. I'm not at all happy about this, especially as I went to the effort of finding people on my floor and getting to know them a bit.
I don't want to be as high up as floor 16. I'm really annoyed.
Is there anything I can do?
Reply 55
I don't think so... From what I've heard none of the students who had Aston as their insurance or anyone who went through clearing got a room so I'd hold on to it!! Email or phone the accommodation office though, they might be able to help.

Which room have you been given? I'm on floor 16 in room 9.
Why did they take the room off you? I can't understand why they would do that and give you another room
Reply 57
They lost my forms I think, so my room offer was declined and the room was given to someone else. Gutted. Then obviously they realised they messed up.
I made a firm offer not an insurance one...humph.

I think she said floor 16 room 15, but then it may have been floor 15, room 16...hmm.
That's ridiculous! Give them a ring and tell them that you've already found some people on your floor and as it's their fault you should be able to get your original room. It might not work, but it's probably worth a shot if you're upset enough about it
becca2477
They lost my forms I think, so my room offer was declined and the room was given to someone else. Gutted. Then obviously they realised they messed up.
I made a firm offer not an insurance one...humph.

I think she said floor 16 room 15, but then it may have been floor 15, room 16...hmm.

If it's floor 15 then you'll be happy - You've got me on your floor :biggrin:

Latest