The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel Postgraduate Accommodation?

I'm starting a master's course in Game Theory and Design this September. I will be applying for accommodation fairly soon, and I am trying to choose between Borough Road and Concourse. I'm attracted to these two because they are both postgrad friendly and have double beds. They are also both roughly the same distance from where I will have classes, and I think they were built around the same time. I'm aware that Borough Road is a bit more expensive, but I still can't choose between the two, so I would be very grateful if anyone who has experience of these halls could describe how they felt about them, whether they were modern enough and well equipped, what the social experience was like and any other relevant detail. Thanks :smile:
Original post by GiantSir97
I'm starting a master's course in Game Theory and Design this September. I will be applying for accommodation fairly soon, and I am trying to choose between Borough Road and Concourse. I'm attracted to these two because they are both postgrad friendly and have double beds. They are also both roughly the same distance from where I will have classes, and I think they were built around the same time. I'm aware that Borough Road is a bit more expensive, but I still can't choose between the two, so I would be very grateful if anyone who has experience of these halls could describe how they felt about them, whether they were modern enough and well equipped, what the social experience was like and any other relevant detail. Thanks :smile:

Hi, can you tell me why you chose Brunel instead of Stafford UAL or NFTS? Thank you.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Original post by David Jin
Hi, can you tell me why you chose Brunel instead of Stafford UAL or NFTS? Thank you.
Hi, Where did you choose in the end?
Hey there,

I have lived in Brunel accommodation during the period of my degree and accommodation on campus at Brunel University is the preferred choice for many due to its convenient location within a 10-minute radius of campus facilities.

Each room comes equipped with its own toilet, ensuring privacy and convenience. While you share a kitchen with other residents, the campus provides essential amenities such as an iron and ironing board, a vacuum cleaner, kettle, microwave, and fridges.

Security is a top priority, with 24/7 surveillance ensuring the safety of all residents. Additionally, campus staff clean the kitchen once a week, including changing bin bags, to maintain cleanliness and hygiene standards.

Therefore, choosing Brunel accommodation is an excellent decision for those seeking a hassle-free and comfortable living experience during their studies.

Amberin (Offical Rep of Brunel University London)
Reply 4
Original post by David Jin
I picked Brunel as it was not only a reputable university for the subject I wanted to study, but also because it was a campus university in London, because I prefer campus universities and I was attracted to the idea of studying in London. I'm aware your comment is quite old, so I hope everything worked out :smile:
I picked Brunel as it was not only a reputable university for the subject I wanted to study, but also because it was a campus university in London, because I prefer campus universities and I was attracted to the idea of studying in London. I'm aware your comment is quite old, so I hope everything worked out :smile:

Hey @GiantSir97,

We are so glad you choose us and are enjoying your experience at Brunel University!

Amberin (Official Rep at Brunel University)
Reply 6
Original post by BigBrowser
Hi, Where did you choose in the end?
I chose Concourse in the end, as at the time I posted this, they hadn't released which halls postgrads would be eligible to apply for in the 2022/23 academic year, and when they did, Concourse ended up being the only postgrad hall with double beds. Having looked at the accommodation website just now, they have released halls for the 24/25 year, and it looks like you can choose from not only Concourse and Borough Road, but George Shipp, Syd Urry, Shoreditch and Trevor Slater if you want a postgrad hall with a double bed. Apart from Borough road, the rest are all identical and in the Isambard complex, but out of the Isambard halls, I would say Concourse is the best one, due to being the most closely located to the centre of campus, as well as being right next to the Isambard Studios, and you have the mail distribution centre on the ground floor (when I was there last year, that was the accommodation office, but they moved it to Bishop Hall). I would go out on a limb and say Concourse is the best hall on campus, due to a combination of its location and being among the most modern halls. Borough Road is also modern and has benefits like being closer to the sports facilities, but if I'd had a choice, I would still probably have picked Concourse.
Reply 7
Original post by BrunelUniStudent
Hey @GiantSir97,
We are so glad you choose us and are enjoying your experience at Brunel University!
Amberin (Official Rep at Brunel University)
Hi! I too am glad I chose Brunel. I graduated in December :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending