The Student Room Group

Civil Service 577 - Staffordshire and Derbyshire

Hello All was wondering if anyone else had applied for the above EO work coach role and had an update from their Pre-recorded interview my status changed today to:

Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. You should hear from us soon with regards to the outcome.

This was six working days (took out weekends) since I did my interview is this a good sign or not?

any support would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ojl1993
Hello All was wondering if anyone else had applied for the above EO work coach role and had an update from their Pre-recorded interview my status changed today to:

Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. You should hear from us soon with regards to the outcome.

This was six working days (took out weekends) since I did my interview is this a good sign or not?

any support would be appreciated.

Many thanks

I applied and mine says exactly the same, interview as completed 29th Sept x
Reply 2
Original post by BabyButler2005
I applied and mine says exactly the same, interview as completed 29th Sept x

How do you feel it went? and what areas did you put down?

all the best for your application :smile:
Original post by ojl1993
How do you feel it went? and what areas did you put down?

all the best for your application :smile:

I think it went ok 😬 never know though. I applied for Matlock. Good luck with your application, fingers crossed x
Reply 4
I think it went ok 😬 never know though. I applied for Matlock. Good luck with your application, fingers crossed x

Thank you impossible to know with the interview process fingers are crossed for you and good luck with your application mine are all Staffordshire area based I hope I did enough, I hope the speed at which it changed from waiting to you should find out soon 6 working days after the interview should be a good sign.
Reply 5

Heya just letting you know randomly:

https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi?SID=c2VhcmNocGFnZT0xJnVzZXJzZWFyY2hjb250ZXh0PTUzMTMwMzk3Jm93bmVydHlwZT1mYWlyJmpvYmxpc3Rfdmlld192YWM9MTg4MDQ3NyZvd25lcj01MDcwMDAwJnBhZ2VjbGFzcz1Kb2JzJnBhZ2VhY3Rpb249dmlld3ZhY2J5am9ibGlzdCZzZWFyY2hzb3J0PWdlb2Rpc3RhbmNlJnJlcXNpZz0xNjk2ODUxNTU3LTUyYmQ2MDA4ZmYwYzc0YTE1ZjQ4YTVjYjA2MjFkN2RmNTg4NTk3MGM=

There is another recruitment campaign planned. Kind of put the dampeners on me as well to find out this.

I know, I don’t understand it. I work for DWP as an AO already and no-one knows what’s going on ?
Reply 7
I know, I don’t understand it. I work for DWP as an AO already and no-one knows what’s going on ?

Yeah I am not part of the DWP yet, but I work for the NCS so am in a local JCP a lot but it is very random they running a new campaign yet have net fed back to the people who have applied for this one yet.
Reply 8
It has changed again today to this:

Thank you very much for completing the interview. Your application is being reviewed.
Reply 9
Hi everyone. My status changed to ‘Thank you very much for completing the interview. Your application is being reviewed’ yesterday. But I’ve never received any results for SJT.
I’ve also put in for another Staffordshire recruitment campaign as I’m sure I messed up my interview 🥰
Reply 10
Original post by Chillybob
Hi everyone. My status changed to ‘Thank you very much for completing the interview. Your application is being reviewed’ yesterday. But I’ve never received any results for SJT.
I’ve also put in for another Staffordshire recruitment campaign as I’m sure I messed up my interview 🥰

Maybe not but I'm going to put in for another campaign if I don't hear anything by Friday but have been told by one JCP I currently support in my current career some rejections have already gone out. But trying not to read into it too much or ill get too excited and it could come crashing down on me.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 11
Hi hunni. Let’s hope what people have said is correct and the review status is a positive outcome. You will love working in DWP I only left as my office closed. If I can help in any way from my experience of benefits and working in the jobbies let me know 🥰
Reply 12
Hi hunni. Let’s hope what people have said is correct and the review status is a positive outcome. You will love working in DWP I only left as my office closed. If I can help in any way from my experience of benefits and working in the jobbies let me know 🥰

I really hope so I really want this job as well I work in the DWP as an outsider but every work coach I speak to says I would be really good at the role just hope it is positive also what centers did you put down out of interest?
Reply 13
Hanley, Newcastle and Kidsgrove. I’ve not worked in a Jobbie since 2015 so the role will be all new to me like you. Fingers crossed for everyone. If I hear anything thing I will pop it in the chat.
Reply 14
Hanley, Newcastle and Kidsgrove. I’ve not worked in a Jobbie since 2015 so the role will be all new to me like you. Fingers crossed for everyone. If I hear anything thing I will pop it in the chat.

Oh very nice I have a colleague who I work with currently in all those JCPs I picked Stafford, Cannock and Longton but I am open to working most JCPs in Staffordshire. Just hope I get in the new interview process is nerve-wracking this is my second attempt.
Reply 15
Still nothing despite it saying it's been under review for the past three days I am concerned because I put down my start date as being able to work on the 1st Nov but that won't be able to be done now as I have to serve a month's notice at least. Also the other recruitment campaign is closing on Monday but don't want to go for it if I am going to get an offer.
Reply 16
Original post by ojl1993
Still nothing despite it saying it's been under review for the past three days I am concerned because I put down my start date as being able to work on the 1st Nov but that won't be able to be done now as I have to serve a month's notice at least. Also the other recruitment campaign is closing on Monday but don't want to go for it if I am going to get an offer.

I wouldn't worry about that start date, you won't be starting on the 1st November. You'd be lucky with a 1st December start date. More likely it'll be January to start from this campaign. You shouldn't be handing in notice until you get a formal offer, which won't happen until PECs are complete, until then you don't have have a firm anything.
Reply 17
Original post by NickH77
I wouldn't worry about that start date, you won't be starting on the 1st November. You'd be lucky with a 1st December start date. More likely it'll be January to start from this campaign. You shouldn't be handing in notice until you get a formal offer, which won't happen until PECs are complete, until then you don't have have a firm anything.

Thank you for that advice have you had anything back yet? I keep feeling like mixed messages at times. Like I get some people have already been rejected and It could mean I am one of the lucky ones but also concerned they are doing it in groups of 50 at a time etc so maybe I'll get rejected later on. I really want this job as well so hoping I get it but I will ensure to not hand notice in until all my PECs are done just worried they will give me a start date after but id have to serve notice before hand. :smile: Thank you for your reply. Good luck to you as well.
Reply 18
Thank you for the luck, we're all in the same boat.

I'd say the message we have is a positive, but we don't yet know whether we'll get a provisional offer or reserve listed, which will depend on score, list position and locations selected. I'm pretty sure we've scored enough to get past the interview, but there's a long way to go yet. So having been through this process before I just take it each step at a time until you get the formal offer, start date, and signed that contract. There's also the complication this time that there's a potential hiring freeze starting in the next few months, how that is handled varies by department.

Incidentally, they're normally pretty flexible on start dates, though they'll have some set dates in mind for training. You'll either complete PECs, then get a call from your potential line manager/someone in a DWP district office asking for a suitable start date, then you'll get a formal offer OR, they'll just email you a potential start date and ask you to get back to them if it's not suitable. I've had both in the past. They understand about notice periods, so wouldn't worry about that.

CS recruitment isn't quick, and it isn't helped that there's about three layers of people involved - departmental, SSCL and Cabinet Office - and I know I'm not always the most patient, but they will get there eventually.
Reply 19
Original post by NickH77
Thank you for the luck, we're all in the same boat.

I'd say the message we have is a positive, but we don't yet know whether we'll get a provisional offer or reserve listed, which will depend on score, list position and locations selected. I'm pretty sure we've scored enough to get past the interview, but there's a long way to go yet. So having been through this process before I just take it each step at a time until you get the formal offer, start date, and signed that contract. There's also the complication this time that there's a potential hiring freeze starting in the next few months, how that is handled varies by department.

Incidentally, they're normally pretty flexible on start dates, though they'll have some set dates in mind for training. You'll either complete PECs, then get a call from your potential line manager/someone in a DWP district office asking for a suitable start date, then you'll get a formal offer OR, they'll just email you a potential start date and ask you to get back to them if it's not suitable. I've had both in the past. They understand about notice periods, so wouldn't worry about that.

CS recruitment isn't quick, and it isn't helped that there's about three layers of people involved - departmental, SSCL and Cabinet Office - and I know I'm not always the most patient, but they will get there eventually.

Thank you for sharing your experience do you work within the department now or did you previously what location were you working at and what areas have you gone for this time? I am glad they are changeable with the dates as I would have to serve me for sure. I am more than willing to be patient if I'm waiting for the job contract and stuff :smile: I have seen some not happy though with the wait.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending