The Student Room Group

Do As Levels count towards UCAS points if I did them in different subjects to my A2?

Hey there,

I'm thinking about going to uni if I can make it through clearing. Unfortunately my grades aren't good, at all, but that's not through a lack of ability but a lack of motivation at the time.

I've three E grade A2 levels in Law, Economics & Psychology, however I also have three E grade AS Levels in Chemistry, Biology (And again in psychology). I realise it won't count for much, but every little helps in getting my foot through the door to a prospective university interview. I'm aiming to get 240 to do the course I want, so going from 120 to 160 if the bio and chem points can be counted as they were separate awards.

Anyway, any information on the topic would be fantastic! Please respond as soon as possible as obviously I don't have long!

Many thanks!
Reply 1
Some universities will count the AS, if you didn't carry it on at A2, and they are worth half of the points. Have a look at the course requirements in detail to see if they count them, if not, send an email or phone call their way to see if they would accept them.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending