The Student Room Group

Official: Barts and the London (QMUL) A100 2023 Entry Applicant and Offer Holders

Welcome to the Barts and the London (QMUL) A100 2023 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.qmul.ac.uk/fmd/undergraduate/courses/a100/
For entry requirements click:
https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/undergraduate/courses/full-entry-requirements/medicine-mbbs/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

UCAT 2600 Band 1
237 UCAS points including A*A*A predicted, A predicted EPQ (and extra curricular)
GCSEs: 987777755 with 9-8 combined science, 7 maths, 7 eng lang

worth a shot at applying or too risky? my ucat is a bit on the low side
Reply 2
I have achieved A*A*A* at A-level and A at AS so that's 188 UCAS points.
UCAT 2800 B1
GCSES 9999999998

I've seen people with much higher UCAS points so is it a bit too risky for me to apply?
Hello, I’m planning to apply for 2023 entry. Is a UCAT of 2910 Band 1 and UCAS Tariff: 160 points (A*A*A) enough for an interview?
what criteria do you have to meet for contextual applicants ? Im really confused from their website
i have a UCAT of 2690 B1 (much lower than i’d hoped) and a predicted tariff of 244-252 (i’m set to be predicted A*A*A*A to A*A*A*A* (A in Further Maths, trying to bring it up to an A*) and unsure of EPQ predicted grade yet, if it’s at an A* then this totals 244-252 but i’m banking on a lot of things basically. if all things go in my favour, i’m praying this is enough!
(edited 1 year ago)
i also submitted the extenuating circumstances form way too late today! when it was due 1st September :/ i contacted admissions a while back but got no response and i’m really kicking myself for not checking the website. has anyone sent an extenuating circumstances form late and received a response before the UCAS deadline?
Original post by nightingalegend
i also submitted the extenuating circumstances form way too late today! when it was due 1st September :/ i contacted admissions a while back but got no response and i’m really kicking myself for not checking the website. has anyone sent an extenuating circumstances form late and received a response before the UCAS deadline?

do you mind telling me what the contextual admissions are? Ive been looking everywhere and cant find anything!
Reply 8
Hello! How do Barts calculate UCAT tariff points for music grades? Is it the highest one achieved per instrument? thanks
Original post by lavely
Hello! How do Barts calculate UCAT tariff points for music grades? Is it the highest one achieved per instrument? thanks

I believe they do, as long as it's over Grade 5, check their entry requirements for more info : )
Hey guys, I was thinking of applying to Barts but I just got told by my teachers that Barts is really contextual heavy and apparently they chose around 90% of students from state schools (I don't know whether this is for medicine though). Does anyone have any thoughts on this or where this might have come from?
Reply 11
Anyone knows combination of ucat/ ucas tariff last year? Is it safe to apply with 2830/168? I am overthinking all my choices :/
Got 2850 b1
180 UCAS points (A*AA + A* EPQ)
Is this enough for an interview?
(edited 1 year ago)
can i apply to QMUL with a 2400 b3 ucat and A*AA prediction
What ucat score would someone need for a tariff of 152 (A*AA prediction)
(edited 1 year ago)
Should I apply with 2850 b1 + 180 tariff?
Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR
Hi,
I am a gap year student with AAA* achieved A-levels, UCAT 2780 band 2, and GCSEs 99888888887. I also have a grade 8 piano distinction worth 30 UCAS points, so I have 182 UCAS points in total. Can I apply here as my top choice or too risky?
Thank you for your time
Hi, gap year student here with 2930 band 2 ucat and 160 tariff points (A*A*A achieved) - is this enough?
Reply 19
Hello,

I have completed AS Levels in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and achieved AAAA. I am still continuing with Maths, Chemistry and Biology for my A Levels, so I was wondering if all or only some my AS Levels could count towards my UCAS Tariff.

I am predicted A*A*A - A*A*A* and achieved a UCAT of 2880 B1.
Would Barts be a safe/suitable option?

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending